Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How cold is your lounge?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Following on from Lady Gesley’s evening lounge/drawing room/sun room thread, I’m somewhat surprised to see how many folks have thermometers so close to hand…
    I am up a raring to go before the central heating kicks in here and it’s bloody cold inside.
    What temps do you have in the morning before the central heating kicks in?
    Are you brave enough to step from under the duvet to find out???

Drac

Central heating?

Stoner
    Free Member

Im a data junky.
    I have a weather station recording internal and external temperatures. I use thermostatic controllers on the barn heating.
    I even record how much fuel I use daily. How many bags of pellets or armfuls of logs in the furnace.
    I use insolation data gathered by the local amateur weather nut to calculate the energy supplied by my solar thermal panels.

I IS GEEK.

Internal temp probably fell to about 15degs last night without heating on. The thermal store is very cold at the bottom so the UFH has been on and obviously working quite hard. Plenty of hot water at the top of the tank for DHW. Just lit the furnace so will have a good chunk of hot water by lunchtime to heat the house this afternoon for when the kids come back from school.

ahwiles
    Free Member

and this morning:

outside: -2

inside: 12

data and graphs is/are awesome.

Stoner
    Free Member

-5.5 outside ATM. Doubt it was any colder during the night.

we’re in the middle of the SW cold spot

mmmmmmmm, graphs
    http://www.malvernwx.co.uk/graphs.htm

donsimon
    Free Member

I IS IMPRESSED AT LEVEL OF GEEKERYNESS! 😀

zokes
    Free Member

Outside 39, inside 27…

FuzzyWuzzy

My heating comes on around 3am so about 15c when I get up but usually about 22-25c in the evening and yeah I sit about in shorts/t-shirt :p

ben
    Free Member

34 C outside at present. The AC gets the lounge down to a comfortable 25 C though. 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

34 C outside at present. The AC gets the lounge down to a comfortable 25 C though.

I know what you mean, badly designed houses that need Air con are a real ball ache, aren’t they? 😀

nedrapier

We live in a rented flat at the moment, with large, single glazed sash windows. The windows are pretty draughty, and I doubt the loft is insulated (no access). As a result, heat pisses out almost as quickly as you can pump it in, so it seems a bit wasteful having it on at all. We’ve spent good slices of the cold weather wearing outdoor clothes inside – at least I’m getting my money’s worth out of all the winter camping gear I’ve bought! Upside for mrs rapier is that she gets more cuddles than she would otherwise – there’s a blanket permanently on the sofa for watching the telly/reading under.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Never lower than 14 degrees through the night, because thats what we have the thermostat set to through the night. Not sure whether it actually kicks in or not though…

Not sure what time our heating comes on anymore either, just use the predictive thing now so its always 19 degrees when I get up at 5:50am.

yossarian
    Free Member

Ours was a comfortable 18 deg at 5.30am.

smartay

Apart from lounge temprature are you of the leave the heating on constantly at a reduced temp, or time clock and turn the room stat up to suit
    Now arguments starts on most efficient method!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Now arguments starts on most efficient method!!!

The most efficient method is clear, there is no argument. 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

14.2°C at 9:00 this morning. From there the sun and amplifier warmed things up a tad before lighting the wood burner again for Madame’s return from work.

iDave
    Free Member

outside – t-shirt & sweater & down jacket & beanie
    inside – t-shirt & sweater

Junkyard
    Free Member

9.5 degrees inside about zero outside nearly old enough to switch central heating on but its due to warm up over night so not bothering
    Most efficient is MTFU and put on some warmer clothes

cinnamon_girl

Thermostat in lounge has broken. Only one radiator in house that has warmth allbeit miniscule. All other radiators are cold and the kitchen is like an ice box.

Really wishing that I had treated myself to a Onesie – can anyone recommend a retailer please?

Thanks. 8)

iainc

heating comes on at 0545, by the time I go downstairs at 7 it’s about 17.5, and by the time wife and weans surface back of 8 it’s about 20.

based on outside temp close to zero.

during the night it dips to 14 ish. Modern house, well insulated.

currently 21-22 in lounge/downstairs and heating went off a few minutes ago

takisawa2

Stat in hall, usually 2-3c colder there. Timed stat, 18c from 16:30-22:30, 16c till 05:30, 18c till 07:45, 16c till 16:00. No more expensive than on/off timing, as heating not having to work as hard to get temp back up. Hate cold houses. Friends make me laugh, mortgaged to hilt to live in big house but can’t afford to have the heating on. 🙂
    People at the back of us have all bedroom windows open at night, year round. And I don’t just mean open, these are pushed as wide as they can go. Must get close to zero in the room some nights. Strange couple.

Flaperon

17C in lounge, system maintains this until 11pm then allows the temperature to fall to 15C overnight. One hour at 19C in the morning before it drops to a minimum of 12C during the day.

If I’m in I tend to leave it alone with the proviso that I override it if I genuinely feel cold. Doesn’t happen very often.

jools182
    Free Member

Coldest room in the house due to shoddy design and cheap double glazing :/

Edukator
    Free Member

14.5°C now and it’ll drop to 14 before the sun comes up. No heating since the wood burnt out last night a 9 by which time it was 19.1.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How cold is your lounge?’ is closed to new replies.