Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How can I get my white jersey white again ?
  • DaveGr
    Free Member

I've a mainly white bike jersey that despite regular washing is now a speckled light brown colour on the front. Tried washing as per usual @40 degrees but to no avail. Any ideas? Am tempted to try vanish or soda crystals.

nickc

depends on the material really, and how long the stains have been on it. try a pre-soak like vanish, but a weak solution of bleach is probably your best bet if they're old stains.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

tipp-ex

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eth3er
    Free Member

Buy a new one or go all out and dye it brown.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

in all seriousness i had one that went pink, put it in a mixture of bleach and water, left it for a while and it came out perfect.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Not sure of the material but it's a standard race style jersey (from Endura I think). Not worn it since last year and didn't realise it was quite so brown !!!! Maybe I'll tie dye it ??

atlaz
    Free Member

I gave up on mine. As long as the sweat washes out I don't really care.

AnaNichoola
    Free Member

I'm not sure how to post pics, but hopefully this works. Nothing beats good ole fashioned soap and scrubbing brush

matthew_h
    Free Member

Pressure washer

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Don't buy a white cycle jersey for MTB'ing in the first place, ya big tart?

HTH

😉

joemarshall
    Free Member

I had one like this, after I did the tough guy race (loads of crawling through mud pits) and just stuck it in a 60 degree wash. I figured there was nothing to lose. Seems fine.

Mudguards on the bike to keep it that way (and don't wear it when crawling through mud pits).

Joe

jd-boy
    Free Member

Bio-Tex washing powder, made for all kinds of nasty marks on clothes, available from all major supermarkets.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How can I get my white jersey white again ?’ is closed to new replies.