Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • How bad is Easyjet?
  • hora
    Free Member

Slightly OT:
    Rumack: Captain, how soon can you land?
    Captain Oveur: I can’t tell.
    Rumack: You can tell me. I’m a doctor.
    Captain Oveur: No. I mean I’m just not sure.
    Rumack: Well, can’t you take a guess?
    Captain Oveur: Well, not for another two hours.
    Rumack: You can’t take a guess for another two hours?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Outbound:
    Easyjet insisted on surcharging me on the way out for excess for my bike even though I’d paid upfront in line with their T&Cs.

They then mislaid my rucksack with my clothes in it and got it delivered to me 3 days later.

Return:
    Bike box damaged – badly. After much to-ing and fro-ing they wouldn’t pay out to replace it; it was bought half price as was ex-demo and they reduced the payout by 10% of purchase price per year (2) so I ended up with enough for a replacement bike bag – which I happen to prefer, that’s not the point 🙂

I used to like budget airlines as they do the job (usually) and never understood the moaners grumbling about shoddy service as I expected nothing more than arriving in one piece (with luggage).

Mostly used Ryanair since (mostly) and never had any issues (possibly dodged the bullets), aside from getting ragged off with flying in general, crowds of people and being in no fit state to ride on the day I land.

Sleeper trains are now my best friend, although they don’t always work out as planned :mrgreen:

rocketman
    Free Member

Have flown with them a few times to holiday destinations they are fine in a bus-with-wings kindof way.

The tracksuited proles with 20 kg of hand luggage who have to be first at the boarding gate and first on board the aircraft are the biggest problem.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The tracksuited proles with 20 kg of hand luggage who have to be first at the boarding gate and first on board the aircraft are the biggest problem.

Sadly they turn up on proper airlines as well, and feel that they have to behave the same way there. Massive carry on luggage, a mad dash to board…

Erm, you can check your bags in free, and guess what? You have an allocated seat, so chill the …. out! Oh, and besides, I’ll be boarding before you anyway! And not sitting in the same cabin as you, hopefully! 😈

-m-
    Free Member

Sadly they turn up on proper airlines as well, and feel that they have to behave the same way there. Massive carry on luggage, a mad dash to board…

Problem is that on plenty of flights (particularly short haul) if you board too late there’s not enough room for bags in the overhead lockers – whatever class you’re flying in.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Problem is that on plenty of flights (particularly short haul) if you board too late there’s not enough room for bags in the overhead lockers – whatever class you’re flying in.

Because all of the aforementioned turn up with bags the size of a small house as carry on luggage. Needs to be way stricter on proper airlines, IMO. Big bag? Check it in. Carry on? Book, laptop/tablet, change of clothes (Long haul) and that’s about it.

Pigface
    Free Member

Flown Ryan countless times as they are the only one that goes where I need to go. They are shite but in 2 weeks I am flying to Sweden return for £30. Flashman you make a good point about pressure put on pilots but that happens with all air lines. Pilot friend told me some hair raising stories.

My rule is that all cheap ailines treat you like cattle, suck it up or pay £400 for the same journey through a major carrier.

hora
    Free Member

I always board at the very end of the queue as I hate the claustraphobia of everyone scrabbling/standing around in a small tube.

Never had an issue with overhead space or seating either!

-m-
    Free Member

Needs to be way stricter on proper airlines, IMO. Big bag? Check it in. Carry on? Book, laptop/tablet, change of clothes (Long haul) and that’s about it.

Check it in? Amateur stuff 😉

Agreed that there needs to be a bit more control over the size of some people’s carry-on, however many aircraft don’t have enough storage for the number of passengers that bring luggage within their allowance (as an example BA have plenty of aircraft where the overhead bins only take industry-standard carry-on bags sideways)

Still, none of this has any real relevance to easyjet 🙂

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

I’ve got to go to Madrid 16th-20th April. I was all set to book from Cardiff via Amsterdam on KLM leaving the Sunday night, but the return flights are a bit rubbish – would either have to leave in the morning of 20th or the evening and spend the night in Schiphol.

So I’m looking at flying from Bristol and Easyjet is an option with a direct flight.

The only other alternative is to go to Heathrow and either fly Sunday night or early Monday morning. My colleagues are flying from Heathrow in the morning, don’t really fancy flying with them at 6am.

#firstworldproblems

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

Easyjet are fine, i’m 6’5″ and i’ve never had a problem with them, the cabin crew are usually pretty good at standing in the exit rows and i’ve always managed to get an exit seat, people tend to fill up from the front or the back and miss the over wing exits.

hora
    Free Member

#firstworldproblems

We were all third world countries once. 😉

avdave2

The only airline I’ve flown with where we got to land with fire engines to meet us.

AlasdairMc

cchris2lou – Member
    But flew with ryanair last friday and was pleasantly surprised when the pilot let my 8 year old son in the cabin .

This is a cost saving measure. They no longer have co-pilots so there’s a spare seat they can sell up front… 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

We were all third world countries once.

If recent experiences are anything to go by, the UK is working very hard to win this accolade again. 😥

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

We were all third world countries once.

really? so the world began with third world, then developed to new and then first world? what’s next on the list? no world countries?

the UK is working very hard to win this accolade again.

not entirely true, that’s only for the benefit of the poor people. those who can afford £250k lunches will probably keep their current standing

TiRed

The only budget airline I’ll fly with. Good service and clear fees. We once missed an early morning flight to Aberdeen (thanks Luton Airport bus drivers), despite being at the car park 90min before take off. Missed the check-in and explained to Easy Jet. They put all four of us on the next flight to Edinburgh at no cost. Of course my friend in Aberdeen wasn’t quite so happy 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘How bad is Easyjet?’ is closed to new replies.