Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • How bad is Easyjet?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got to go to Madrid 16th-20th April. I was all set to book from Cardiff via Amsterdam on KLM leaving the Sunday night, but the return flights are a bit rubbish – would either have to leave in the morning of 20th or the evening and spend the night in Schiphol.

So I’m looking at flying from Bristol and Easyjet is an option with a direct flight.

The only other alternative is to go to Heathrow and either fly Sunday night or early Monday morning. My colleagues are flying from Heathrow in the morning, don’t really fancy flying with them at 6am.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I fly with them without thinking, prob ten return flights last year, no worse than any other airline IME.

mike_p
    Free Member

They’re reasonable, unlike their main rival who are to be avoided at all cost

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah right.. so I may be guilty of unfairly judging them by association with Ryanair then?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

In comparison to Ryanair – you’re in for a limousine. Strict on baggage- ok on exceptions (like your home printed boaring pass cant be scanned: ryanair = £35, easyjet= free and a smile).

My summary : It’s budget. But not nasty.

btw – I fly with with them 10+ times a year. It all goes to pot with Icelandic volcanoes etc – but still 100 times better then Ryanair (also 10 times a year).

samuri
    Free Member

Never had a problem with them, used them loads of times.
    It’s a bit tight in the seats sometimes if you’re a big guy.
    I’m 5’11” and 13 stone, not that big but I always feel claustrophibic on their planes.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i fly alot on various airlines and thought the space on my flight to geneva with easyjet was better than most of the planes ive been in …..at 6ft 3 – doubt youll get much bigger unless you get them to pay for business class

ill do it again.

molgrips
    Free Member

Work are paying, so I have the possible luxury of using my local airport but like I say, the return times don’t work out very well. Bristol airport is also annoying to get to. Extras would also be paid for.

Don’t fancy little legroom though, I’m about the same size as you Sam.

kimbers

on thr whole they are very good, just remember its a budget airline and youll be pleasantly surprised

and waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than lyinair

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

lyinair

🙂

So true (of Ryanair obviously)!

AlasdairMc

I fly quite regularly, on a fair few domestic carriers, and I think that Easyjet have improved their offering considerably over the last few years. I’d happily use them for work if the times and airports suited, but until they fly to London City I won’t. I used them to Geneva last summer and was impressed – clean and new plane with a good onboard offering. It’s all designed to part you from your money but is well executed.

mefty
    Free Member

Easyjet are far better than KLM, let alone Ryanair.

simon_g

Fly with them a lot for work. Speedy boarding is usually worth paying for (I always do for work), more time sitting on the plane rather than standing in a queue. Depending on airport, you can be in for a long walk as they tend to have the poorer positions. Copenhagen is probably 20 mins longer than SAS to get out when you arrive as you have a really long walk through the terminal then bags come off on the furthest away carousel.

They are ruthless on baggage sizes, there are metal cages at the gate for them to check and if you can’t get your bag inside then it’s not coming on board. Strictly one bag per person too. I tend to check in one bag of clothes and take my laptop with me.

On board it’s fine, no less room than any other short-haul economy class these days. Likewise no food unless you pay, but just grab a sandwich on the way if you think you’ll get hungry.

Ryanair though – I’d rather walk and swim there.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh.. well the local option is KLM, so looks like it’s going to be Bristol/Easyjet 🙂

Not overly fussed about eating etc onboard for such a short flight. Assuming they let you take your own food and drink, that is.

creamegg
    Free Member

Flew with them 5 return journeys last year. No issues at all, good value for money IMO.

damo2576
    Free Member

Fly a lot, and if anything Easyjet are reliable, efficient and on time. Never lost my bags which happens frequently with BA!

I’d pay for Speedy Boarding if you can – must faster check in and boarding – some times check in can be a nightmare with out.

TooTall
    Free Member

Don’t fancy little legroom though, I’m about the same size as you Sam.

I’ve flown with them lots over the years. I lived to tell the tale. Way better option than changing anywhere or from LHR.

-m-
    Free Member

As above easyjet is OK and far better then some of its competitors.

Aside from the inconvenience of LHR there is the added issue of the announced Iberia pilot strikes on Mondays/Fridays for the foreseeable future.

jota180
    Free Member

It’s only Madrid, you could do it standing if you had to
    I don’t have any issues with thier leg room (or any other short haul budget carrier TBH) I’m 6’1″

I’d do anything to avoid transferring (even Ryanair) – it’ll nearly always be longer and the risk of delays is doubled

TheFopster
    Free Member

Agree with majority here – they’re fine. Unlike Ryanair with whom I fly tonight. 🙁

scuzz
    Free Member

Easyjet are great.
    Ryanair yesterday as we walk through the gate carrying some coffee: “are they allowed hot drinks?” “Erm I’m not sure” “Er, not really”… Hapless.

tonyg2003

Easyjet are fine – like everyone says. Good for a budget carrier, unlike lyinair (I like that) who it feels like are out to rob you at every moment with their rules. Fortunately my company is has grown so that I never have to fly Ryanair any more.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Agree with majority here – they’re fine. Unlike Ryanair

Agreed.

If I have to fly on a budget airline, it will only ever be Sleaze. I will NEVER fly Ryanair.

Never lost my bags which happens frequently with BA!

I fly BA a lot. Too much, in fact. All of it on BA, wherever possible (Did a couple of codeshares with Qantas/Cathay last year for HKG and Australia trips). Never once lost a single piece of baggage. Also, have been upgraded three times out of my last five flights. Which is nice.

MrGrim

Never had any issues with Easyjet, fly with them for work and on holiday. As above, try to get speedy boarding as it makes a big difference.

Ryanair are scum of the highest order, but the flights are sometimes very cheap. I find trying to get into the mindset of a leper during the whole Ryanair experience sets my expectations of how I will be treated during check in, boarding, flying and arrival. Any improvement in service is a bonus.

cchris2lou

I like easyjet too , but have to use Ryanair most of the times . no weight limit on easyjet so possible to bring back goodies .

But flew with ryanair last friday and was pleasantly surprised when the pilot let my 8 year old son in the cabin .

geoffj

I fly with them for work all the time. Get work to pay for speedy boarding and choose one of the frOnt or over wing exit seats for extra legroom.
    On the whole I find them friendly and efficient.
    Oh and if you arrive in London for a meeting a MONTH early, they let you get on an earlier return flight for free – if there is room. 😳

footflaps

I really like them, used them loads and never had a problem. Staff are always friendly and service is fine for a budget airline.

However, I’ve only ever flown once with Ryanair – and that was enough – never experienced a company which such utter contempt for its customers.

fourbanger
    Free Member

They sold my seat to me and a random leaving me in Malaga airport for 10 hours with my bike and one of the worst hangovers of my life. But in fairness (after jumping through a few hoops) they gave me £350 compo.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ryan airs lke flying on internal eastern european flights – the ones where they clap after a successful landing – always worrys me.

ryanairs classy fan fair – signaling we didnt crash this time……….

jfletch
    Free Member

WRT measuring hand luggage. I’ve flown a load of times with EJ from various airports and never once had my hand luggage checked in the cages.

Happens every time on Ryanair and BMI Baby though.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend EJ. How budget air travel should be done IMO.

trail_rat
    Free Member

jfletch i think if you dont take the piss youll be fine

watched a guy get sized before i went through to geneva and he didnt get his bag on – but it blatnently wasnt gong to fit – it was a rucksack like you would go backpacking for months with ….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve flown with them a few times, easyjet are fine, the travel insuance isn’t worth the paper it’s writen on.

They’ve let me on with big bags before, even ones weighing a couple of kilos over the 20kg limit.

Eggbox
    Free Member

Easy Jet are OK. Ryanair were happy to start take off despite my baby son not having a seat belt (I had asked for one but got treated like I was being unreasonable). I was once told by the Ryanair ground staff that they weren’t sure which plane I needed to board at Liverpool, I had to ask the other passangers when I got on…. They are indeed cr@p.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

My only problem with easyjet is they stopped flying Newcastle to Geneva in summer 🙁 I take my own sarnies – theirs are OK, just a bit pricey.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve never had an issue with Easyjet and on the last flights with them I was on brand spanking new planes 😀

BA Europe- totally different matter and as my Aunt says (she loves RyanAir)- if you read all of the T&C’s and abide by them you wont have a problem (sheesh)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RE Ryanair…

flew with ryanair last friday and was pleasantly surprised when the pilot let my 8 year old son in the cabin .

One to report to the CAA there….

Ryanair were happy to start take off despite my baby son not having a seat belt

And another.

Friend of the family flew for them for a while. As a Captain, it’s his decision if a plane takes off or not. At one point, he found that the undercarriage warning light wasn’t working. Not the gear itself, but the warning light which would tell him if the gear wasn’t working/extended properly. He said, “No go, need to get that fixed”. Ryanair said, “Take off, it’ll be fine”

He replied, “No. This is an unsafe aeroplane, and as such I will not fly it. It will remain grounded until the light is fixed.”

They replied, “OK, we’ll get another pilot. Thanks. Bye.”

I will NEVER[/u] fly Ryanair, and I urge you all to do the same.

Sleaze have modern aircraft, professional pilots and back up crews, and while I don’t like the “low” cost model myself, Easyjet is by far and away the best version of it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, having checked my corporate travel tool there are flights from Cardiff that work. KLM though, and it takes 5 hours but it means I can leave Monday morning and not be too late, so an extra evening with the family.

hora
    Free Member

and was pleasantly surprised when the pilot let my 8 year old son in the cabin .

hels
    Free Member

Airlines I have flown with, ranked on a scale of 1-11:

Aeroflot – 1
    Ryanair – 2
    Continental – 3
    Virgin – 4
    EasyJet – 5
    BMI – 6
    Malaysian – 7
    British Airways – 8
    Lufthansa – 9
    Quantas – 10
    Air New Zealand – 11

Anything below 7 and I would rather walk.

goslow

Easyjet is first airline I look at. Only time my luggage didn’t turn up was with KLM.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘How bad is Easyjet?’ is closed to new replies.