Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • How am I going to move this?
  • Burls72
    Free Member

lol

As said before, the scaffold poles, planks of wood and a large pry bar. Lay the scaffold planks down, pry bar it (after dumping the water and rocks) on to the 1st scaffold pole and keep edging it forward on to more scaffold bars ( at least 3 under it at one time) then pry it forward on to another and put the last in front and repeat. It will be a case of where it lands is where it lands but you can get it pretty close.

stumpy01

How much can an engine hoist lift? Stick some planks down to roll it along?

Underhill
    Free Member

How did you get it there in the first place?

It's already on a pallet, get a pallet truck from your local hire shop & a few planks to run it on, Bob's your uncle (other gender assignations are available).

PeteG55
    Free Member

The one we've got at work it rated to 500kg, but it stops about 2ft from the ground. Plus I bet the wheels would sink into the lawn.
    Prybars and rollers I reckon is your best bet.

Kevevs
    Free Member

there is always a way 🙂

petrieboy

ask the guys wot shifted the bluestone from Pembrokeshire to Salisbury Plain.
    Rolled them on logs IIRC

Blimey – how old are you??? 😉

TheDoog
    Free Member

When we were trainees they had us move 3/4 ton transformers by hand

Just had to explain to my lad that no it wasnt optimus prime but for electricity, he's good at reading but not too worldly wise yet!! Mind you i also had to explain to him that my sisters rescue chickens didn't actually rescue people……
    As for the trough, lever it up enough to get a lifting strap under it then slide a scoffold pole through the strap two men/stout women either end should lift no problem.

Xylene
    Free Member

Two engine pullers.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Can I ask the obvious question….how far have you got to move it? And do you need to keep it one piece?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Can I ask the obvious question….how far have you got to move it?

I wouldn't have thought that was a particularly obvious question.

The second line of the orginal post said, quote : I need to move it about 12'

I reckon there's probably a clue there somewhere.

white101

hmmm….pallet truck on grass loaded with large brick thing hmmm….? = one ruined lawn and a bad back, wheels on truck won't even turn I reckon

ononeorange

Trolley jack on wooden boards

lister

ask the guys wot shifted the bluestone from Pembrokeshire to Salisbury Plain.

so…arrange some global cooling, then hope a small, but perfectly formed glacier forms next door, then gently pops through the garden fence, picks up the stone and start melting just before it gets to your house and demolishes it…

might happen 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Might not.

Got 3 lads here tonight who say they'll help (they are pissed mind you)+ terrahawk. 4 more and a few scaf poles and I think we'll do it. Beers are on me.

takisawa2

Approx 250000 party baloons should do it.

andrewh
    Free Member

How much does it weigh? Would take around 1,300 'noromal' size helium balloons just to lift me, and I'm a skinny XC-whippet!

nonk
    Free Member

has he shifted it?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I'm betting that weighs more than 600kg

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘How am I going to move this?’ is closed to new replies.