Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • How about a £1k hardtail thread?
  • linchpin
    Free Member

I know this is radical new territory here, but can I have recommendations for a sub £1k hardtail?
    I wanted a Vitus Sentier SLX 2017 but they’ve sold out. Bit gutted now.

chestrockwell

Orange Crush? There were some 2017’s around for 1k last week.

km79
    Free Member

What about one of the Nukeproof Scouts?

matt_outandabout

My Nail Trail is the great fun. In sales for sub £1k, dropper, Yari, wider rims on light wheels, 1×11. Sorted.

video: A lap of Joel Anderson’s trails on the Marin Nail Trail 29’er

[url=https://flic.kr/p/XdDSFQ]Marin Nail Trail 7[/url] by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

My Carerra Fury started out a less than £1k. Then fairies took bits and swapped them. Then I did a PowerPoint to the wife to make the case so I could buy a Cotic. When she found out how much it cost she went a similar colour to Cotic Orange. Fortunately she does not know the password to my CRC account…..

hamishthecat
    Free Member

2017 bikes getting to limited sizes now. What size?

Spend an extra £65 and get a Giant XTC Advanced 29er 3 from Rutland?

linchpin
    Free Member

Where were they Chestrockwell?

linchpin
    Free Member

Looks good Matt. Where was it £1k? It’s worth it just for the components.

km79
    Free Member

^That Marin looks good.

linchpin
    Free Member

I need a Large. (‘Need’ is subjective).

linchpin
    Free Member

Bright colours are a no go too. All my bikes are a similar dark grey / black so I can sneak them in under the radar.

matt_outandabout

https://www.ukbikesdepot.com/m15b0s864p22626/Mountain_Bikes/27_5_inch_Hardtail/MARIN_Nail_Trail_7_27_5_2017

Edit: 19″ is Large, I am bob on 6′, 33″ inside leg and normal arms, fits well.

ton

xl 2017 cotic solaris max?

linchpin
    Free Member

After a 27.5 really

matt_outandabout

The Marin is 27.5″

ta11pau1

Under £1k or ‘around’ £1k? 😉

There’s the Vitus sentier 2018 models, the VR for £999 (£900 after discount) or the VRS+ for £1299 (£1170 after discount), both with semi plus 2.6″ tyres.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Linchpin, the crush S is available at sunset mtb, £1,079 after the 10% applied, but its blue.

hardtail5
    Free Member

2017 Sentier for £800 looked a good deal, I was on the verge of buying one too.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

winter sale:
    META HT AM
    849,00 €, L and XL still available

https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-ht-am-origin-650b-yellow-2017-c2x19265777

Bike other, much older hardtails and a Bossnut V2. But this Commencal Meta HT AM was always one of my dream bikes. 849,00 € extremely good.
    Other versions for 1 k right now.

Like:
    https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-ht-am-essential-650b-orange-2017-c2x19822480

160 mm Yari …
    1 k in winter sale, L and XL available

But, this forum: quite a number of blokes had problems with Commencal bikes (which exactly I don’t know) and cracks plus bad warranty / service.
    Can’t check if this is right or not.

But I’am now more careful recommending Commencal.
    Long & slack, long travel, good fork – all appear to be right (including the reviews) – but don’t like the idea of cracking…

Rickos
    Free Member

Commencal frames cracking more than usual was about 10 years ago. Nothing wrong with them these days AFAIK.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@Rickos:

Nothing wrong with them these days

thanks! Always liked the bikes.
    Would be good so!
    😉

1timmy1
    Free Member

Calibre Line 10 – £675 (for the next few hours)

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/calibre-line-10-mountain-bike-p414112

Has a 120mm dropper, in stock in Large size. Plenty of money left for tubeless valves, sealant, decent pedals and getting the rounds in after rides!

1timmy1
    Free Member

Sonder Transmitter – £999

https://www.alpkit.com/sonder/bikes/sonder-transmitter-nx1-1×11

Great looking geo, in stock in Large (Black), getting great reviews from the bike mags. Plus tyres though and no dropper (but stealth routing ready).

chestrockwell

Where were they Chestrockwell?

Just seen this. As above, Sunset with the SAVE10 code. Seem to remember cyclesurgery having a similar deal.

stwhannah

Genesis Core

This did well in our test when it was £999.99, now it’s £200 off, which should just about get you the dropper post it demands.

Sub £100 Hardtails

linchpin
    Free Member

Wow there’s so much more out there that I hadn’t seen. Thanks guys and girls. My wife’s talking about moving house now. Damn there’s all the spare cash gone for the foreseeable.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

My wife’s talking about moving house now.

haha

Good luck then!

matt_outandabout

Yes, but you had ‘already ordered it’, haven’t you…?! 😈

paulx
    Free Member

Edit: 19″ is Large, I am bob on 6′, 33″ inside leg and normal arms, fits well.

That looks interesting … not that I thought I needed another bike until I read this thread but it almost seems rude not to, esp as they have my size in stock. 🙂

From what I’ve read up them today it reckons that the larger sizes are 29ers and the medium and below is 27.5. I might just have to call the shop in the morning and see …..

starrman82
    Free Member

Chinese Carbon Frame self build, awesome VFM. 🙂

linchpin
    Free Member

Starrman, what did you get, framewise?

alexcrash
    Free Member

Sonder transmission

On one deerdar

paulx
    Free Member

Damm this thread … now look what you made me do..

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘How about a £1k hardtail thread?’ is closed to new replies.