Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Housework, what do you do?
  • simon_g

I pay my half for the cleaner, which is 3 hours every other week and she does a brilliant job.

I take out the bins, do about half of the cooking and laundry and dry the dishes (gf prefers to do the washing).

Shopping is either a big internet shop every few weeks or one of us picking up some milk/bread/fruit/veg on the way home from work.

niallmb
    Free Member

Kitchen – Me
    Bathrooms – Her
    Hoovering – Me
    Food shop – Her (although online so not exactly a chore)
    cooking – whoever’s home first
    Dishes – whoever didn’t cook (this works out better for me as Mrs uses virtually nothing and I use virtually everything)
    Rubbish and recycling – Me
    Bill paying – Her

Pretty even split really

MrOvershoot

buzz-lightyear – Member
    Cleaning – but I’m not really fastideous
    Clothes washing – but nothing gets ironed
    Food-prep, cooking and washing up – but I’m no Heston Blumenwhatsit
    Hoovering – bi-weekly
    Maintenance – only when needed
    Food shopping – weekly
    Car washing – monthly
    Gardening – limited to mowing the weeds

She’s not physically able to help out much but fortunately is quite tolerant of my sloppy man-standards. But between work and housework, my riding time is limited to a half-day at a weekend, or the odd hour and half from the front door. At least I don’t have to travel far for decent trails. And I also just got a road bike which is good for sub-one-hour breaks for freedom.

Bloody hell we are living almost the same lives!!

Cleaning – General day to day stuff, but we have a cleaning lady every other week
    Clothes washing – but nothing gets ironed unless my mum comes over
    Food-prep, cooking and washing up – Love cooking though
    Hoovering – bi-weekly by the cleaning lady (or me if I make a mess)
    Maintenance – Fixing things is my strong area but I hate decorating
    Food shopping – weekly & daily 😳
    Car washing – about every 6 months if I remember
    Gardening – Like growing veg, my mum likes to come over and do the rest

She’s not physically able to help out at all but fortunately is quite tolerant of my-standards.
    But between work and housework, my riding time is limited to a half-day at a weekend, or the odd hour and half from the front door. At least I don’t have to travel far for decent trails. And I also have a road & CX bike which is good for sub-one-hour breaks for freedom.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

We’d make perfect wives Mr Overshoot 😆

I’m relieved to see that lots of people don’t take ironing seriously.

gixer.john
    Free Member

Dish washing, laundry and cooking by me during the week, as the soon to be mrs.gixer works a lot more hours than me.

Sundays mrs g cooks, washes, hoovers, dusts, cleans bathroom and irons etc.

Pretty fair

steve-g
    Free Member

Wife’s mum (who looks after baby-g) has an obsession with washing clothes, like as soon as they hit the floor they are swept up and off to the machine. Even after only 30 mins wearing, it’s ridiculous. So thats the washing taken care of.

I do the shopping and the cooking, otherwise we spend a million pounds in the supermarket every week then still end up only having beans on toast for dinner???

Mrs-g cleans, we both tidy, I wash the car…..thats about it

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Housework, what do you do?’ is closed to new replies.