Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hotel excercises
  • waller
    Free Member

Hi,

I spend most of the week in random hotels for work. Sometimes they have a gym however most times they dont. I dont get time to take my bike away with me so I was just wondering what I could do to help my on bike strength.

I so far have:

Squats
    Calf raises
    Lunges

Anything else I could do that anyone can think of?

Cheers,

jam-bo

go running.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Add planks, side planks, tri-dips, inverted press-ups, to that list, all can be done in a hotel room without any problems. Of yes, go for a run

wwaswas

In prison documentaries they always put their feet on the toilet and then do press-ups with their hands on the floor.

I’ve no idea if that’s a good idea or not but it’ll give you that authentic San Quentin experience.

or go for a run.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Shuttle runs along the corridors!

Go find the stairs, usually hidden somewhere near the elevator, walk up and down them or do squat jumps up them. 100 press ups and 200 sit ups program.

Have the same problems myself when staying away from home

AlasdairMc

If you’re in London, hire a Boris bike. A quid a day, and every ride under half an hour is free – I do this as it’s a good way to see the city and the bikes are good fun to ride.

Alternatively, go for a run.

manitou
    Free Member

masterbation? 😀

waller
    Free Member

Cheers for the ideas! I do run for cardio and frequently get lost. Will try the other stuff out as well. Lookin at gps so I can get a fold up bike to take with me…. Any excuse for another bike 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

I do run for cardio and frequently get lost.

Out and back works for me in work-trip horror mode.

McHamish
    Free Member

There’s plenty you could do…

– Warm Up – 10 mins
    – Body Weight Circuits (1 set = 60 seconds, 1 round = 10 sets, 15-30 second rest between sets, 2 rounds) – 25-30 mins
    – Core Training – 15 mins
    – Cool Down – 10 mins

Look up warm up, body weight, core training exercises on the internet.

Warm up should include some body movements activities, and also some gentle cardio activities (e.g. wall runs, mountain climbers)

The body weight circuits should also include some cardio to keep the heart rate up, such as the two mentions above.

Cool down could be stretching etc.

A warm up activity could be 2 minutes of the running the length of the room, i.e.
    – hop scotch across the room
    – run with high knees
    – side step
    – etc

You could look up metabolic/HIT training to get a bit more technical about the exercises if you want.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hotel excercises’ is closed to new replies.