Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hope X2 brakes
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Used them for the 1st time today awesome bit of kit.They may cost abit but they are a class act.

Goz
    Free Member

Fitted mine today, will get out on monday and bed them in,will give Cranham a try!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

STW review this month says they have compatibility problems wit some shifters. Are either of you using them with X9s? I’m looking for some to replace my Minis, which sometimes feel a bit underpowered.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I use them with XO which are the same pattern as X9, you have to move the levers in more than you think but they work well. Matchmaker syle brackets are also on the way for them.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Both of us are using shimano me LX mate XTR.Dont know about X0.Some people are taking the marker cover of shimano.I have no problem with the LX shifters.I think some are having problems because they run there shifter the otherside of the brake lever nearer the grip.

coatesy
    Free Member

I gather that the Sram matchmakers are near production,and will be out before the shimano versions.

Goz
    Free Member

Run mine with xtr shifters, out board of the brake levers.

hugh_b
    Free Member

are you guy's finding yours pretty powerful? I don't think mine are as powerful as my mini's. I've got them all set-up well and propely bled. I've had 3 rides on them now but they seem to have loads of modulation and not a huge amount of bite.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi Hugh-b.no problems with mine and are 8 months old now.They are more powerful than my old mini"s.Dont have any modulation probs and loads of bite.They did take a few rides to great them up to 100%.not much help i know.I will ask my mate Goz.

sailor74
    Free Member

hugh_b

yes you are right they are not very powerful, I am running 183/160mm rotors and they dont stop anywhere near as quickly as my XT brakes fitted on my 2nd bike with 160/160 rotors.

They do look great but I would rather have something that performs better than it looks. Mine came fitted to the bike (orange 5 Pro), if I had built the frame up myself I would have gone with something else, probably formula the one, or shimano saint.

nickegg
    Free Member

The X2 on my Orange 5 are ALOT more powerful than the Mini Mono's i used to run.

Plenty powerful enough for my week in the Alps back in September, so more than adequate here! I recall only one occasion where i noticed significant brake fade!

They have loads of modulation and plenty of bite, not sure what else to expect from a brake really!

Beagleboy

I've got mine fitted to my Orange 5 and they sit beside my X9 shifters quite happily. They are so much nicer and more powerful than the Hayes brakes they replaced. They're also way more powerful than the Mono's on my hardtail. I followed the setup instructions quite closely mind. There's a couple of helpful videos on the Hope website as well.

B.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Had no problems fitting with XT shifters, and plenty good enough to lock both wheels at any speed – you cant get better than that! Running 185 floating F&R. Just had a week in wales, the only problem i had is that none of the shops over there stock pads for them yet, as they are different to normal mini's (although they will fit if really neccesary!) Lesson learnt – Be prepared with some spares in future!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Talking to my mate Goz who is a bike mechanic of many years[not saying he is old]it may be you have not set them up right he has done lots of sets with no problem.

Goz
    Free Member

No problem setting them up, once youve set your lever reach you may need to reset the bite point….a few more rides and they will be fine, that is bedded in.
    Also make sure your rotors are centre in the caliper, you may need to centralise the pistons.

hugh_b
    Free Member

ok guy's watched the hope video, set them up correctly by centering the calliper and then centering the pistons, cleaned the rotors and pads. They are now working fantastically after a nice gritty/wet ride!
    Thanks for the advice.
    Got some spare pads today on the off chance i'll need them anytime soon although i don't tend to go through brake pads atall….maybe one set a year atn the most and thats normally if i contaminate them!

Hugh

Goz
    Free Member

Nice one, you wont be dissapointed.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Thats good news join the club top set of brakes from an excellent company.
    Have braking! not to much or you wont be going fast enough 😆

landcruiser
    Free Member

Hope Matchmaker (available now – I have them) is ace for X9/X0 with Hope Tech levers. leaves the bars uncluttered and looking good !

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

landcruiser – can you post a pic. Would be really interested in where the shifters sit in relation to the brake levers, both in/out and up/down if that makes sense

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hope X2 brakes’ is closed to new replies.