Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope V twins
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Anyone actually ridden them yet? Powerful? Need much hand pressure?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bump to ask again.
    Some one must have a set. Anyone on the Mag?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

According to the guys at Hope at the Core bike show yesterday, they’ve sold around 150 sets so far since they went into proper production, so should be a few getting around now.
    I’d be very tempted if it didn’t mean having to buy a new frame (still might if I have a good year work wise)
    They had Paul Oldhams bike on show & it looked really good running 140mm rotors fr & rr.

wwaswas

SRAM look to be releasing full hydraulic shifter/brake units late in the summer if that affects your decision.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Now if the price was even vaguely affordable I would go the SRAM route but I can’t afford normal STI’s

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bump again.
    Anyone?
    Do they cope with 140mm rear discs?
    Just how good are they?
    Surely some one must have had a go.

clubber
    Free Member

I have 160/140 bb7 discs on my cx and they’re spot on for my 16+ stone so I’m sure that the hydro version will be spot on.

TheStationer
    Free Member

Just get ur wallet out Matthew and buy them if they are a pile of crap chuck em on eBay they will go for 20% more than you paid for them as does all Hope products sold on there ! 🙂

zilog6128

I have had some on my CX bike for just over a week. Not done a “proper” ride yet, just commuting. Seem to need more hand pressure from the hoods than the BB7s they replaced, that could be my hand positioning though (not been riding drops for long). It’s possible to adjust the tension in the short cable part, which I haven’t done yet. May have a play about with that later.

They are awesome from the drops though, with full leverage on the lever. Tons of power & modulation, far far better than the BB7s. Much more confidence inspiring for a novice roadie!!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Mike. Why aren’t you riding the Snowrun? Wuss
    Zilog, thats what I needed to hear. Any more?

zilog6128

If you like Hopes on your MTB (as I do) then you can’t go far wrong. Much prefer the way you align Hopes to Avids, plus you haven’t got to adjust for pad wear like you do with BB7s. Also they look ace (if that is a factor)! To be honest the only reason I bought a CX bike with disc mounts before Chrimbo was because I knew these brakes were coming. Very pleased so far.

how much are they retailing for?

zilog6128

mine were £275 installed by LBS

goldenwonder
    Free Member

RRP is £250 according to Hope for a full set including calipers.
    Yes they’ll run 140 rotors, the cross bike Hope had on show was running 140’s fr & rr

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope V twins’ is closed to new replies.