Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope SS hub in an Inbred frame
  • I was thinking of getting a wheel built with a Hope SS hub. However I was riding with someone recently and they said they'd had trouble fitting this hub into the frame. Their only solution was to machine something to fit the hub in the frame. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to find out more. Has anyone else run a Hope SS in the Inbred frames with or without fitting problems?

My Inbred is one of the earlier ones – V brake specific. I've run a DMR singlespeed hub (which had disc mounts) without a problem.

cheers

Ian

Clink

I run a Hope SS hub in the ti 29er frame, no probs. Don't see why any should have a problem as long as 135mm spacing.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i run one in a newer frame. dont see why there would be a problem though as they are standard 135mm hubs.
    the end caps are a bit spiky though?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I ran one happily in a current model slot-drop Inbred and in an older sliding dropout frame, both with discs – and both fitted fine. However, I don't know if there may be something specific to the V brake only frames?

samuri
    Free Member

I ran a Hope *XC* hub in my original 853 inbred for about 4 years. No problems here, slotted straight in. Can't imagine the SS hub is significantly different.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope SS hub in an Inbred frame’ is closed to new replies.