Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope Pro2 rear hub failure
  • leeph
    Free Member

Anyone had a similar failure on a Hope Rear Pro2 Hub – managed to get a spoke break part of the flange on the non drive side of the hub.

Its under a year old so I am hoping its covered by warranty. Planned trip to the LBS tomorrow – will I need my wallet for a CK hub?

uplink
    Free Member

Hope will replace it OK – give them a call.

Anthony
    Free Member

What happens about the rebuild cost?

leeph
    Free Member

Guess I have to swallow the rebuild cost.

Just had a closer look at the hub and every other spoke/hub contact point looks like it has a fracture line. Only on the non-drive side, drive side is fine.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Stress from disc brake force? Are you running a massive rotor?

IWH
    Free Member

You’d have to be running a bloomin’ big rotor for it to be disc forces.

Hope will sort out the hub no problems but I’m not sure where you’ll stand on rebuild costs.

leeph
    Free Member

I only run Hope Mini Pro’s on the bike with I think the standard 180mm floating disc. Great brakes but not the force of 6 pots and 220mm disc like on my dh bike.

Going to check the hubs on my DH bike now……..

Driller
    Free Member

I had the same issue on a Hope Pro II rear hub earlier this year. The flanges with the spoke holes in broke in a couple of places, on both sides. The hub was about 6 months old and hadn’t been ridden all that far or hard, and with 6′ of plush Heckler suspension and 2.35 tyres to soak up the hits.

I had the spoke tension checked before it was stripped and sent back, all spot-on.

My LBS, who built the wheel, sent it back and Hope relaced the hub with no quibbles within a week (swapped my old freehub onto a new hub) but I had to stand the re-build costs.

A little worrying though for hubs that are supposed to be strong enough for DH. New one has been fine so far but I’m keeping a close eye on it.

For info it was built onto a Syncros DS28 rim, so that with the Pro II should have been a reasonably bomb-proof combination I’d have thought.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro2 rear hub failure’ is closed to new replies.