Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope pro 2 hub bearings – bearing tools
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

anyone got em? what can be used to substitute?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No special tools needed.

You might need circlip pliers, but otherwise a hammer, screwdriver and a selection of sockets will work just fine
    🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

for the rear? how do you get the two out in the freehub that are side by side?

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

I would use an older bearing and a socket with a peice of 6mm threaded bar and nut to press the bearing in,dont bosh it in with a hammer as its important to put equal amounts of pressure on the inner and outer ring/faces to avoid damage.

The bearigs will last for ages doing it this way. 😀

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

to get the two out of the freehub you need to remove the circlip,then use a metal (alloy if poss) punch and gently tap them out from inside, holding the spacer over to one side

😉

retro83
    Free Member

dunno how true it is, but the man from hope told me that using a socket damages the seals

Goz
    Free Member

Ive got all the proper tools,circlip in a pro 2?…think not!

druidh
    Free Member

Si at 18 will sell you the full set for £20.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

of tools or bearings?

druidh
    Free Member

Tools. I’d offer to lend you mine, but with the postage, it’d hardly be worthwhile 🙁

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cool – will pop in 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

dunno how true it is, but the man from hope told me that using a socket damages the seals

if you use just the right size socket so it presses only on the outer race of the bearing you’ll be reet. Also if you can fit it through the drive hole in your sockets (1/2″ drive) then a 10mm axle and nuts works just lovely as the pitch of the threads is ‘shallower’ and squeezes them in nice and gently.
    But i would sooner spend £20 on the proper ones if i didn’t have the right flavour sockets to bodge it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 hub bearings – bearing tools’ is closed to new replies.