Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope moto v2 advice
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

I have a front and rear hope moto v2. The front feels great and bite point is just where I want it.
    However the rear's bite point is really far back and I can't seem to alter it. The adjustment on the lever with the little Allen key bolts does very little. Tried adding more fluid and bleeding but this has not had any affect.

Any idea how I can make both levers feel the same?

jedi

red dial adjusts bite not allen key

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Thanks for the info but I had already tried this. Said Allen key as that is what I use to turn the red barrel inside the lever.
    Not very impressed with what that does, it doesn't really adjust bite point, it just moves the lever out a bit.
    Certainly does not work any where near the bite point adjusters on the old C2. Brakes.
    I was hoping bleeding the brake would sort it, but unfortunatley not. It's as they a pull on the lever dies not move the pads as much as the front.

Just a small pull on the front moves the pistons loads.

jedi

do your calipers have a line down the middle in line with the rotor? are they original v2?

mildred

Mine didn't and Hope swapped mine under warranty for a similar bite problem – i.e. mine were basically on/off switches – full power or none.

jedi

thats what i was getting to

alanf
    Free Member

How new are they?
    Have you had the caliper apart and cleaned the piston seals?
    I find this happens on my E4s and no amount of re-bleeding will sort them, but whipping out the pistons and giving them a good fettle will get a really good lever. Don't know if that will be the same for you but worth a try if you've got the time and patience!

matlockmeat
    Free Member

They do have a line down the middle of the calipers. They were pirchased in feb 2008 so not sure if they are the original v2's or not. Thanks for the advice apart taking the caliper apart, I will try that.

rhid

Have a look at the Hope website as they have help videos to show you how to set up V2s. If you move the red barrel adjuster you then need to reposition your lever reach too.
    I run V2s on both my bikes and they did take a bit of time to set up but the results are well worth it.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

When you adjust the bite using the red barrel and allen key it will also bring the lever in, you then have to ajust the lever after you have finished altering your bite…video will tell you this.

SimpleDumbPilot
    Free Member

Take the wheel out, pump the lever 2/3 times – replace wheel – see how it feels – too much, push pistons back, too little – more pumping! Twot about as required….Have fun!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope moto v2 advice’ is closed to new replies.