Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hope Mono Mini refurb
  • m6dwn
    Free Member

Just finished this (and feeling a bit smug) and it works a treat, all new pistons / seals / pads etc, cost £20 to do and good as new.

Seemed a bit daunting to begin with but piece of cake really – would definitely say its worth doing if you are wondering about giving it a go.

Conan257
    Free Member

I’m considering doing mine, did you buy a kit from somewhere?

spooky_b329

Anyone sorted out wobbly levers?

The brass inserts look round, looks like the hole in the lever has ovalised.

amedias
    Free Member

I’ve had that ^

If it genuinely is the hole that has ovalised then new levers required. I tried new brass bits on mine but my levers were goosed

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Here’s my ‘how to‘ for anyone else who fancies a crack at the job.

jonathan
    Free Member

It’s definitely up there as one of the more satisfying maintenance jobs isn’t it? A bit daunting initially, but actually fine and with really noticeable results 🙂

m6dwn
    Free Member

Yeah, bought the pistons – £3.50 each and a seal kit £6ish which I only needed a few bits from so have some spares for the future. For something so cheap to do it makes a big difference.

I was considering spending £250 on some brand new brakes, I’m so glad I gave it a go.

m6dwn
    Free Member

Three Fish – great guide.

Any idea why the pistons have different numbers on them??

ac282

Just got the bits to do mine yesterday. Hopefuly I’ll be back up to 2 working brakes tonight…

ransos
    Free Member

I sent mine back to Hope – they did it for free!

sefton
    Free Member

dont hope do a service? how much? and what do they replace or service?

m6dwn
    Free Member

HOPE is 45 + postage per brake I think

m6dwn
    Free Member

In the back of my mind I was thinking if I spent out on the parts and they still didnt work and I then had to send them off to HOPE anyway I would have been a bit gutted.

simon1975

Great “How to” link above – I must remember that site.

I’ve always found UKBikeStore to be good for odd little bits from Hope. It’s nice to buy new reservoir caps for the mini levers once in a while too, makes them look like new.

ononeorange

Jusat had my M4 caliper back from Hope as i didn’t dare start popping pistons out. Quality job – they charged me less than £15 (and that included a courier back!). Hope are superb.

Don’t want to take away from the satisfaction you have of doing the job yourself, but if I’d tried it would have ended in tears.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hope Mono Mini refurb’ is closed to new replies.