Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope Hoops with Stans 355 – Available anywhere?
  • jim
    Free Member

Having finally killed my 717 rear wheel at the weekend I'm looking for a slightly sturdier replacement set of wheels. Reading the posts on the NoTubes forum I'm not convinced that the Crest will be all that suitable so was hoping to find some stock of the 355s before they're replaced.

Anyone seen any?

megastream
    Free Member

Tried Winstanleys?

DT78
    Free Member

You got a link to the post your referring to about crests? I'm currently holding onto my cash waiting for them rather than 355s….

+1 on winstanleys

jim
    Free Member

The Crest is more of race/training day rim while the 355 would be a more durable cross country rim.

http://messageboard.notubes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2603&p=7094&hilit=crest+race+training#p7094

foxyrider
    Free Member

got mine from Winstanleys but a few months ago – good and quick service and was in ctock at the time 🙂

thecrackfox
    Free Member

http://www.lexs.co.uk/Default.aspx?Product=Hope%20Pro2%20Standard&ProductId=20573

£250 for the pair in stock, good service too when I got mine.

uplink
    Free Member
    glenp
    Free Member

Merlin have got some great deals on Stans rims handbuilts – you could even get a rear hub that doesn't sound like it is broken!

warpcow
    Free Member

bikeoutlet had some on sale last week (about £145 for a rear wheel). I was close to buying until they wanted £40 for postage 😯

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Just got some Hope hoops with pro3 hubs and 355 rims from Keswick Mountain Bikes.

jim
    Free Member

Thanks all, got a set from Lex's.

whyter

Bit late, but I would stick with 717s if you want something sturdy… Folded my front 355 in a crash recently (9 months old), but my pair of 717s have survived similar heavy stacks with no issues, and are still going strong 6 years on (on a full sus).

Hoops 355s feel much faster though!

JtotheP68
    Free Member

[/url]nullMerlin have them

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Apparently hope's next rim order is for the 355s not the crest…so the crest wont be available on a hoop until mid to end summer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoops with Stans 355 – Available anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.