Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Help please
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Apologies is this sounds a like stupid question but I've got some Hope Pro 2's and was thinking about upgrading the brakes from Hayes to Hope Tech X2's. Is this possible and what rotors should I purchase because the one's one the website have have only 3 hole opposed to the 6 I need? Haven't looked at new brakes for a while and now just a tad confused. Thanks

Unsurprisingly Hope rotors will fit Hope hubs.

HTH

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Yes, just buy the brakes and order the 6 bolt rotors. 3 bolt rotors were for Hope Pro3 SP hubs.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I can whole heartedly recommend giving 18bikes a ring about Hope brakes.
    I've just bought quite a bit of Hope stuff from them and the advice was always spot on (and prices aren't bad either)

http://www.18bikes.co.uk/

And, no I don't work there or have any connection with them other than being a satisfied customer 😀

duir
    Free Member

I run the X2s with 183mm rotors front and rear on my mountain bike. They come with 6 bolt standard rotors that fit all hope 6 bolt hubs. I opted for the floating rotors and paid a little more but only because I was sick to death of rusty rotor arms and like the black arms on the floaters.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Many thanks for all the help, I'll check out 18 bikes.

Thanks being kind, thought I would of a bit more a ribbing on that one 😉

druidh
    Free Member

What's up with your current rotors??

teadrinker
    Free Member

Nothing at all, just like the "sawtooth" rotors.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Make sure you get the correct size. I fancy the "floating" rotors (yes i like the ticking noise OK) but can only find them in 183 and i want 180.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Help please’ is closed to new replies.