Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope 4 LED?
  • robidoo
    Free Member

I have had my Hope 4 light for a couple of years now and have been happy with it.
    However on the first few night rides this year my burn times have gone down quite alot, I am only getting one and a half hours to two hours.
    I use the second setting for most trails and the third for downhills I never use the brightest setting.
    Is my battery shagged and if so where can I get a like for like one?

Cheers.

z1ppy

Hope (or CRC/your LBS) will sell you another, or you could talk to some-one like Smudge about getting something aftermarket or checking you current battery out.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Actually contact Hope 1st – they might even replace it for you?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robidoo
    Free Member

I have read about putting the batteries in the freezer, any one tried this?

Luminous
    Free Member

Contact hope first, see if they will flex their good will gland.

If no, then contact Smudge.

I wouldn’t be putting my battery in the freezer, if it were me.

Artillerydave
    Free Member

I would definately recommend sending it back to them, I had problems with my 2 year old sets battery, sent it back to them, it was repaired and returned free within 4 days, now that is service. Hope are ace.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I have read about putting the batteries in the freezer, any one tried this?

a very bad idea, you might as well put it in the bin 🙁

robidoo
    Free Member

Ok will give them a call, may be out of luck as I sent my pro 2 axle back a couple of weeks back(which they replaced foc.)

Worth a try though.

Leadfold
    Free Member

I had the same problem and sent the light back to Hope. They gave me a call today to say that it was a programming problem. They say it is fixed and they are posting it back today.

As a temporary fix if the light goes into the flashing mode that indicates the battery is low, you should unplug the battery then reattach it. This clears the issue and should allow you to click through to brightness level you want.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope 4 LED?’ is closed to new replies.