Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • hoovers-where and what?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Yup ive reached that special time in my life where household goods take precedence over bike bits* and ive not idea whats worth buying or from where. Other than dysons look cool.

*official party line

Surfr
    Free Member

This discussion usually ends I'm a dyson / harry 50 /50 split

Drac

Yup Dyson or Henry is the generic answer, they'll be loads come on and tell you Dysons break easily and then loads say they don't. Me I've never had a problem with the Dysons they come with a 5 year guarantee and after that if they break there's a flat fee fix at home charge you can pay.

Henrys are supposed to be very good but never owned have used them though and find the whole dragging a tub around thing a bit of a faff.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i used henrys at work so ill prob avoid them, sooooo wheres good (read cheap) to buy a dyson?

cove123

Bosch, there is a low energy use one, down side hard to get bags locally (even from John lewis who sold it to us) but order over internet worked!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Had a Dyson and hated it for continually clogging up although newer ones may be better. Much depends on the surface to be cleaned.

Got a Meile T5000 [Cat and Dog]now. Adjustable power setings, easy and clean to change bags, proper powerful and comes with funky air-powered rotating brush heads if you need a rotating brush.
    Great.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is not a Hoover it is a vacuum cleaner FFS!!!!!

Do you photocopy or Xerox?

😉

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Bit G@Y this but I would go for a Miele over a Dyson any day.
    Had 2 Dysons, both lost suction over time, turbo heads wear down and need to be replaced to get back to anything like decent suckability.

I'm with sharkbait on the T5000.

Off to bake some scones now………………

duntstick
    Free Member

Go for it boys 😆

z1ppy

Dyson/Henry split – Rubbish.

It's Miele/Henry split. Go Miele (cylinder, as the upright is a **** tank!) if you want a really decent vaccum, with great attachements – the staircase fitment is a relevation (did the vaccuming this weekend to appease the g/f). We have 3 cats and a dogs, they moult constantly, the miele deals with it!
    Go for a Henry if you want a basic vaccumm, that will last for years, which is ok but not great.

Though if you want to be really flash, have you partner love you for life and don't have any animals (no fur to pickup), get an Irobot, a bunch of our friends have them and there **** ace! (though not cheap)

HTTP404
    Free Member

A Henry or a Henrietta.
    Having regularly destroyed hoovers on a yearly basis – I've gone for the Henry.

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Own up to buying a Kirby once.
    Insane money for a vacum cleaner, had to have a service engineer around every year just to keep it sweet.

Scones are cooling down……….

porterclough
    Free Member

iRobot Roomba.

At last the 21st century is here as promised!

fontmoss
    Free Member

It is not a Hoover it is a vacuum cleaner FFS!!!!!

took a few replies before got that! must be a stw record.

i actually use all products as verbs so im away to itunes then sony bravia* before i playboy

ill look into the miele despite lack of animals and henry and dyson too-any cheap suppliers of these wares much appreciated

*i dont have a bravia but couldnt think of any other telly names

uplink
    Free Member

Sebo downstairs, Dyson upstairs

Spongebob
    Free Member

they'll be loads come on and tell you Dysons break easily and then loads say they don't.

They don't last! I've seen plenty of these at my local tip and know at least two people who defended theirs, but had to replace them.

I have had a Meile for 18 years. We bought another to get a HEPA filter version(a family member has alergies). The new one, which is a cyclinder type, has rotating brushes driven by suction (along with all the standard attachments). It's much less noisy than other vacuum cleaners I've used.

Meile will clean better than a Dyson. I saw this in a Which report – no contest!

wombat

Miele are the best, we've had ours for about 5 years now, Mrs Wombat tells me that it gets a lot of use, and it's still good as new.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Mrs Wombat tells me that it gets a lot of use

🙂

cinnamon_girl

Another vote for Miele 🙂

simon_g

Henry fan here. Simple, robust, and one of the few things still manufactured in this country.

project
    Free Member

Get a wife,theyre designed for cleaning and cooking,part ex after about 6 years,for a better model,after this time they start to make a loud whineing noise.

Grimy
    Free Member

I always thought Dysons were over rated, and overpriced, however, my perants have had one for 8 years, and it only looses suction when the foam filter under the cylinder is blocked. A quick wash under the tap and their back to full power. Then the other day it failed epically when the motor finaly burnt out.

Quick spare parts search revealed the motor to be about the dearest part….all £35 delivered of it. 😀 half an hour after it arived, the 8 year old dyson animals back to running like new.

I am very impressed with the cheap price and availability of spares and having stripped the thing of every last component I am happily surprised by the build quality and very servicable design.

If I see anyone binning one, i'm having it away and ill fix it up.

backhander
    Free Member

Another miele user here, far better than the henry we had previously and has outlived it by ~3X!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘hoovers-where and what?’ is closed to new replies.