Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Hoonigan
  • iolo
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qanlirrRWs[/video]

I would love a go on that car.
    STW whingers, he’s going that speed on normal streets.

Jamie
    Free Member

STW whingers

*spits out tea*

Anyway, I am sure what Mr Block does is technically brilliant, but it just reminds me of driving between missions in GTA V….at 3am, game time, in the morning. When there are no other vehicles on the road. Fun for a minute or two, but then it’s just monotonous, so you look for pedestrians to mow down.

yunki
    Free Member

I suppose that’s quite impressive to your average ‘murican as they don’t generally drive a ‘stick shift’..

Bit of a yawn fest really though innit..?

Duane…
    Free Member

Thought it was pretty cool.

Genuinely interested on how they managed to get permission for it all though..

jimjam
    Free Member

Love cars. Love engines. Love V8s. Love driving…..hate Ken Block’s ****ing videos. They bore me to tears. A one trick pony if ever there was one. For his next video he should win a round of the WRC, now that would get my attention.

matt_outandabout

😉

For his next video he should win a round of the WRC, now that would get my attention.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

That was pretty dull, but i hope people aren’t suggesting he’s not that good at rallying

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QP0DOfrFPw[/video]

sharkattack

See this ear to ear grin?

It’s pretty permanent. He’s certainly having more fun than anyone whinging about how crap he is at rallying.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Errr, nope.

Jamie
    Free Member

How about now?

PrinceJohn

Just watching now – that car…

I never thought I’d say this but impressively boring stuff….

Wanders off to put on GTA 5 & drive like a loon

^^^^^ aarrrgh that image it’s all over again

Jamie
    Free Member

oldnick

Well, I lasted about 5 minutes, after skipping the first minute.

However, to moan that he isn’t a top WRC star misses the point. He makes a good living out of what he does, so lots of people are entertained by his antics. Are they all wrong too just because they enjoy something we don’t?

matt_outandabout

HoratioHufnagel – Member

That was pretty dull, but i hope people aren’t suggesting he’s not that good at rallying

I refer you to:

matt_outandabout – Member

😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How about now?

Darcy’s looking well. He’s shorter than I thought, though. Or maybe Ken’s just very tall.

Oh, and anyone else notice the cheeky chappy in the background giving it the “little teapot”?

davidrussell
    Free Member

old KB seems to be ok at going round things after 3 or 4 goes, not ideal in rallying where mulligans dont exist.

i agree though, fundamentally the same as all his other vids and was bored half way through.what a noise though….

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmh-ew1swD4[/video]
    Just betterer (also Ballistic B.J……..win)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep she is forcing it though, probably due to how much she is earning hanging on to the ugly bloke though.

mrhoppy

See that pony, it’s doing the same trick over and over, almost as if it’s only got the one.

rocketman
    Free Member

I thought it was great

What a car!

Lifer
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    I would love a go on that car.

Lovely car. Boring vid. Would like to see it being driven proper quick rather than slidey quick.

STW whingers, he’s going that speed on normal streets.

Normal closed streets. Bait fail.

mogrim

I quite like Mustangs, but that’s one fugly car.

Does sound nice though, and I’d love a go. On closed streets 🙂

dooosuk
    Free Member

Genuinely interested on how they managed to get permission for it all though.

Probably had a budget bigger than some Hollywood movies!

Speeder

Car is awesome but it does gets a bit dull. Can’t fault his commitment as he’s carrying some serious speed at times but I’m not a big fan of the massive loops after the apex style he’s doing in this one. It just looks like he’s only just avoided an accident most of the time.

Sure does look like fun mind. Wish my “job” was as interesting.

G

hot_fiat

Dunno what’s more impressive: his transformation from the most comedic rally driver to quite a skilled precision driver, or the fact they managed to get Harbour Gateway Interchange closed for filming (the main route from LAX to downtown LA or onward to OC).

Like how the only way they could get a Mustang to handle was to throw away everything that made it a Mustang. Last new one I drove scared the bejeezus out of me, not as bad as a modern charger, but pretty bloody awful.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Got bored after a few minutes, the bit that really impressed me was the bit where he changed direction on the storm drain by going in the opposite direction than was expected, but other than that it all got a bit samey

I do want that car though. For a split second, you see the suspension working on the inside of the car, that was the best bit

skydragon
    Free Member

Liked (Loved) the car, there is some serious money invested in that. Don’t know how much of the car is actually a mustang though. I’m guessing it’s a space frame chassis with WRC-style drivetrain and a mustang body shell.

After seeing the other Block videos previously and really enjoying them, they do get a bit ‘samey’ after a while. It must be hard coming up with new ideas to impress the masses, especially when he has set the bar so high previously. Fwiw he seems to have invented the genre.

In saying that you’ve got to admit he is good at what he does in terms of the Gymkhana stuff (to do well in WRC is a big ask) …and as per posts above, he does seem to have a pretty good lifestyle and enjoy himself, in part funded by the business success he had with DC shoes. Big Kudos to him.

For those interested in cars, here’s one of my (woefully club-level) attempts.

[video]http://youtu.be/f3fpxAIUxZ0[/video]

jimjam
    Free Member

skydragon .

For those interested in cars, here’s one of my (woefully club-level) attempts.

Pretty woeful alright. You barely even go the car sideways. In fact it’s pointing straight most of the time. Did you learn nothing from watching Ken Block?

racefaceec90

ah was thinking of a certain alyson hannigan (read you thread title wrong)

skydragon
    Free Member

JimJam…tut,tut 🙂

66deg
    Free Member

Nice to see action mans tank top back in fashion.

willard

Skydragon,

Not too shabby, but you need more GoPros to record more angles and a small OSD to display the gear changes, speed, etc.

Also, no rock soundtrack. I iz disappoint.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

racefaceec90 – Member
    ah was thinking of a certain alyson hannigan (read you thread title wrong)

so, we meet again

EDIT.

Eeeeerrr, actually I think I’ll pass.

scruff
    Free Member

Whats wrong with her neck, has it been bitten?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I thought Gymkhana was great fun. Can’t wait to see it on t’ big telly at home.

Love mustangs, love V8s and I’m quite partial to LA

Good feature on the making of it on Speedhunters

maccruiskeen

Love mustangs, love V8s and I’m quite partial to LA

And I love cardboard boxes

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOaF7esBFY[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Blimey.. some skills in that vid!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Hoonigan’ is closed to new replies.