Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Honey I shrunk my smart wool jersey….will it stretch back again?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Laundrytrackworld I need help.

Doh, I just took my smart wool jersey out of the laundermat drier. I had it set at cool/knits. Widthwise it feels similar, lengthwise it’s lost about six inches. First wash. damn.

Will it, can it be stretched back into shape?

jamiep
    Free Member

dont think so. I recall a spate reported on here of on-one merino wool tops being shrunk, which didn’t end well

1-shed
    Free Member

No give it to action man.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

No give it to action man.

It might be a bit tight.

singletrackmind

OK
    I have saved an On One Merino with the following method.

Fill bathroom sink with luke warm water

add a capfull of Fabric conditioner and a capfull of Mrs McM hair conditioner

hand wash for 2 – 3 mins to get the fibres covered in liquid .

rinse twice with luke warm water

Hang to dry at room temp in McM towers, pref on a quality wooden coat hanger.

Visit the dark area underneath the kitchen sink , there will be trigger sprays in there . attatch 1 to each arm .

Using cunning and guile attach other weighty objects to hem of garment.

wait 48hrs

E & OE exempeted . – std stw conditions apply

samuri
    Free Member

No.

Mini Jersey by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Pook

surely it’s now just a ‘compression layer’? Add £15 to its RRP and stick it on the classifieds.

somafunk

I can’t offer any advice but singletrackmind’s possible solution sounds like it may work. You’ve got now’t to loose by the sound of it.

I can certainly sympathise though as a friend shrunk my medium On-One Merino Full Zip top, (same as samuri’s up there ^), I left it at her house overnight but unfortunately her fat ginger cat (nae jokes bout her ginger pussy – she’s not that sort of friend) took a shine to it and covered it in cat hair, she honestly thought she was doing me a favour by washing it before returning it, i arranged to pop back round the following evening to collect it, she answered the door almost in tears as she handed me back a very small childs zip-up cardigan, I couldn’t help but burst out in fit’s of laughter on her doorstep and eventually had to sit on her big planter as she kept apologising and repeating herself “oh god i’m so sorry…i’ll buy you another one..i’m so sorry…it was an accident……..it was only a warm wool wash…my cardigan came out alright…….i don’t know what happened…oh god….oh god….how much was it?…..can i give you the money?…can you still buy them?…oh…god….i’ve f-cuked it up havn’t i?”, this went on for a good 5 minutes before she would calm down and by this point i had tears streaming down my face, it would have fitted a mates 5yr old son perfectly apart from the zip which obviously hadn’t shrunk to match the rest of the garment. She started to calm down as i eventually explained i bought it in the sale for £20 and not to worry as i’d done the same to a previous one i had bought at full price.

She still mentions it to this day, 3 years later – poor lass.

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate at Uni had a lovely Barbour jumper he washed and whacked it in the drier 😆 oh dear the look on his face was priceless. It would of been snug on a 5 yr old.

neninja
    Free Member

Should have bought Icebreaker 😉

nick1962
    Free Member

My on one merino jersey was eaten by moths 😥
    Do you think could claim it’s a warranty issue? 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

Wash it again then wear it whilst stretching and pulling it……. the jersey obviously 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Honey I shrunk my smart wool jersey….will it stretch back again?’ is closed to new replies.