Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Homeopathy – there is literally nothing in it.
  • wwaswas

one out of every six bottles did not receive the dose of active homeopathic drug solution due to the wobbling and vibration of the bottle assembly during filling of the active ingredient

so 15% of the products sold didn’t even contain whatever magic ingredient it was supposed to.

Letter from US Drug Agency to British Homeopathic drug manufacturer;

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2012/ucm314629.htm

Quite how they’re expected to ‘prove’ that the magic ingredient is present when there is, almost by definition, none in the finished product is going to be fun too 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Holy shit, there’s someone talking to me through a box on my desk.

philconsequence
    Free Member

that’ll be 50pounds via paypalgift please yeti.

you’re aura has been cleansed.

Northwind

Surely if diluting the solution a bazillion times is what makes it effective, then leaving it out entirely will make it even better?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

that’ll be 50pounds via paypalgift please yeti.

I didn’t see that one coming.

philconsequence
    Free Member

said the blind man in the public toilets

Trimix
    Free Member

I might try selling the scientific equivalent of it, call it Placebo. Then at least trades descriptions cant shut you down.

justatheory
    Free Member

Does this nonsense still receive NHS funding?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

My aura may have been cleansed phil, but me chakras are all over the place. Send me my money back, you robbing dog!

rusty90
    Free Member

Try a homeopathic Gin and Tonic :
    Mix 1 drop of gin with 50,000 litres of tonic water
    Decant into a glass that once had a piece of lemon in it

(Please drink responsibly – don’t dilute it too much)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

barnsley – I can sort that for you but first you must suck on my thermometer.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Citing the original work on homeopathy, Richard Dawkins once explained that the optimal dilution of active ingredient was one part in more matter than is in the known universe. Obviously the book was quoting powers of.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

justatheory – Member

Does this nonsense still receive NHS funding?

yes – and interestingly its cost effective in that if someone has something that cannot be cured or even diagnosed by conventional medicine – giving them homeopathy saves more in doctors time and prescriptions of medicine etc than the the homeopathy costs

jfletch
    Free Member

Placebos are big business in the NHS. When I challeneged why people were refered to a reflexologist since it is complete bunkum I was told it is a very cost effective way of making someone feel a bit better about themselves.

My input was that sugar pills and saline injections would be even cheaper if we were knowingly participating in deception.

justatheory
    Free Member

yes – and interestingly its cost effective in that if someone has something that cannot be cured or even diagnosed by conventional medicine – giving them homeopathy saves more in doctors time and prescriptions of medicine etc than the the homeopathy costs

Power of the mind eh! I’m sure that good bedside manner contributes too.

justatheory
    Free Member

Are GPs allowed to knowingly prescribe a placebo?

loddrik
    Free Member

If people are stupid enough to believe in god, they are certainly stupid enough to believe in homeopathy…

enveetee
    Free Member

Homoeopathic jokes rarely work

Cougar

They do, you just have to concentrate.

stever
    Free Member

What do you give a homeopathist for Christmas?
    An empty box, with the memory of a present inside.

muckytee
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Holy shit, there’s someone talking to me through a box on my desk.

Are you one of Charlie’s angles TSY?

grum
    Free Member

“Homeopaths do not have a physical brain, but merely ‘skull water’ with the memory of brains.” – Robin Ince

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

That “Bad Science” book discusses the lack of any evidence that homeopathy itself works, but has a good discussion on the placebo and bed-side manners aspects of it and also other things such as performing fake operations on knees and things, and them getting better.

molgrips
    Free Member

performing fake operations

Lol!

Put the guy under, sit around chatting and reading the paper for two hours! I like it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

surely you would need to at least leave a scar?

maccruiskeen

Mix 1 drop of gin with 50,000 litres of tonic water

You’ve got that ratio back to front – the tonic will never be effective at that concentration

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Put the guy under, sit around chatting and reading the paper for two hours! I like it.

it was something like they a control group thing – some had real knee ops for a problem, but some had fake ones. The guys with the fake ops also got better.

And there is another one about guys with pacemakers fitted but no batteries, and they still got better.

Can’t find the bits as I have lent the book out, but it is worth a read and it is eminently sensible.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Homeopathy – there is literally nothing in it.’ is closed to new replies.