Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Home/office phone & headset – recommendations please.
  • Farticus

My cheap Panasonic has failed, at last – won’t work as a speakerphone anymore and I can’t be spending hours on the phone holding a handset. So it’s time to get something robust and with a headset – apparently I sound like I’m in a public loo when I use the speakerphone (and no, I’m not).

So, answerphone, cordless handset (only one needed) plus a wireless headset … what do you recommend or what’s worth avoiding?

alexxx
    Free Member

Im using a siemens sip phone you can plug it into your normal landline aswell and have multiple profiles and then I use a planatronics headset

alexxx
    Free Member

oh and id avoid a wireless headset- i just clip my phone on me and have the headset round my neck most of the day

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richardk
    Free Member

Expensive Panasonic with headset port & answer phone… KX TG8521E, with a Plantronics headset. Been using it for 6 months no with no problems at all. I think it has speaker phone, but I use the headset all the time so I’ve not tried it.

Don’t use Bluetooth with the cordless phones, doesn’t work well yet. Stick to a corded headset. You can get DECT headsets that pair to the base station – these are good if you mostly take incoming calls, not so good for outgoing as you have to dial the number on the phone and then transfer the call to the headset.

http://www.home-phones.co.uk have a good selection of products.

Moses

Mine’s an ebay purchase, a BT Paragon which is OK, and a Sennheise headset for the phone.

BUT in practice I call from my laptop with a £25 / Q paid skype account and a cheap twin-ear headset from Maplins. The advantage of skype is that landline calls are covered by the subscription and I can call in 2 clicks from salesforce or Excel and probably other applications as well.

Farticus

Thanks – will have a look. SO much easier being lazy!

wwaswas

Home/office phone & headset

Do they come with a crown race?

theyEye
    Free Member

Have been using Siemens sip + x-box headset for years. Works like a charm, and cheap.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Home/office phone & headset – recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.