Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • home dentistry – anyone tried it?
  • shoefiti
    Free Member

Just curious after hearing about some home filling kits, anyone tried these or any other more adventurous proceedures?

finbar
    Free Member

Of all the things to save money on, i suspect dentistry is probably one of the worst.

Nick

Aren't those home filling kits basically designed for emergencies? Sort of thing you'd take if you were spending 3 months treking in Nepal or racing to the North Pole or somthing.

JimmyB
    Free Member

My future Wife's father used pliers on his kids to remove loose teeth.

I can give you his number if you want…. 😯

shoefiti
    Free Member

Damn that wasn't the gorefest i was after, i thought with all the sucsessful bike bodgery the STW lot would of at least attempted a few Dremel aided root canals. 😆

gusamc
    Free Member

tooth removal via twine and a door handle ….

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mmm home dentistry is not a good thing, Mrs C used to work as a dental nurse. Had a patient come in 1 day he didn't want to pay to have a tooth removed, said he could do it himself, a few weeks later she see's him and finds out he tied a weight to it, threw the weight out of the window and broke his JAW!!!…..tooth still in place.

bigyinn
    Free Member

AARRRRGGGHH!!!!

odannyboy
    Free Member

im not a rich man but…..if you can afford a bike, you can afford a dentist!

Jay
    Free Member

The string and door handle method, reminds me of Tony in men behaving badly doing that. 😆

About 6:50 into the episode

theboatman
    Free Member

We had a chap come into A&E who had tried to smooth off a cracked tooth with a dremel and less than steady hands 😯

Toddboy
    Free Member

After working in Central Queensland, where dentists are very scarce, I bought some stuff to put on your teeth if you ever got a bad case of tooth ache. It is only a temporary measure, giving enough time to try and find a dentist and a good few hours drive to the dentists surgery. My wife used it once, and it worked.

I also know a bloke back in the UK who had a tooth ache at work, went to the workshop, got a pair of pliers, and you can imagine the rest!

thomthumb
    Free Member

worked with a guy who used to use superglue to stick crowns back on and fillings back in!! said he had a lab coat and therefore qualified!

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I've tried the temporary crown cement you can buy in Boots before. Dentist said it actually made a permanent reattachment harder and it only laste 2 days in any case before it fell off again!

chameleon78
    Free Member

DIY dentistry….kind of in the same league as DIY circumcision, i.e. its a no brainer!

tinsy
    Free Member

I had a dentist remove a wisdom tooth and he hurt me so much I wouldnt go back, took my own stitches out, this might have proved quite addictive as I have in the past tidied up a filling with some wet and dry paper as it used to snag food, much better now.

I DRAW THE LINE HERE, I WOULD NOT DO MY OWN FILLING AND DRILLING!!!

BigJohn

Agree with Tinsy. A bit of filing and wet&dry on jagged bits OK, nothing more.

geoffj

DIY dentistry….kind of in the same league as DIY trepanning, i.e. its a no brainer!

D0NK

Guessing samurai wont be along in a minute with a witty comment.

My mate used superglue to stick a false tooth back in, his whole face swelled up, he looked like a chimp.

franki
    Free Member

My brother filed his front tooth down after he'd chipped it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘home dentistry – anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.