Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Holme Valley MTB Challenge
  • gab344
    Free Member

Just got back. Great event, well organised/marshalled, had fair weather for the most part, but oh my god the climbs! Will be doing it again next year. 🙂

Stevo210
    Free Member

Just got back and sorted myself, was a great event as always, think you missed one massive factor…….the WIND, head wind for the whole race 🙁

mintimperial

Yeah, I’m not sure how they managed to arrange the special circular wind but then get it completely the wrong way round, very perplexing…

Good course: particularly enjoyed the drop into Jackson Bridge, never ridden that before, great fun. Will be back for more next year I expect.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gab344
    Free Member

think you missed one massive factor…….the WIND, head wind for the whole race

Fair point. 🙂 I did have a few issues with the wind at begining, now I think back, but by CP2 I’d pretty much “tuned the wind out” and I didn’t feel much affected after that. Anyhow I was a good 12-13 minutes under the time I’d set my self. Just need to lose 25kg of flubble for next year…..

Bob7t

credit to Holme Valley Scout Group and all their volunteers inc Holme Valley Mountain Rescue for all their organisation and support. Well done.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Yeah absolutely, a massive thanks to all the hard work that the volunteers put in every year to make the event possible and make sure it runs super smooth.

After reviewing a bit of the video footage I took I found this beauty (not that I’d forgotten it).
    How to misjudge the tightness of a corner with style.
    http://youtu.be/21RsrVZCuqo

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Just to echo a big thanks to all who organised, volunteered and marshalled etc. an excellent event again. Weather wasn’t quite as bad as it could have been but the wind was a right pain. Oh, and well done too to all those who took part!

One final thing; I know it was a windy day and they could have blown away quite easily but shame on you those people (and you know who you are) who just dropped your energy bar/gel wrappers along the way. You give us all a bad name for littering the countryside and potentially causing harm to wildlife and livestock alike.

garrypreece
    Free Member

Yea…very tough,had to bow out with 6/7 mile remaining :(,puncture no2 !
    Big thanks to anyone who stopped to help me ! also massive respect for any finishers,which majority did.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Holme Valley MTB Challenge’ is closed to new replies.