Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Holiday this year – Ireland
  • samuri
    Free Member

Never been to southern Ireland but we want to go this year.
    Get the ferry over with the car, self catering in a cottage somewhere, drive around see it all.

Any recommendations for good places to stay/see would be appreciated.
    We’re OK taking the dog aren’t we?
    What’s the deal with going to Northern Ireland? Just drive across or is there a border crossing? Last time I was in Ireland there were lots of soldiers all over the place so I’ll be interested to see what it’s lijke now.

Ta.

Drac

If you intend to have a drink whilst over there then best start selling a Kidney now.

iDave
    Free Member

Just drive over to Northern Ireland – no border crossing, just wait for the car suspension to be less stressed and you know you’re in the North

I’d head for Donegal, then down the West Coast and never come back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

West coast is great. Very wild, remote and empty. Galway is nice. Cliffs of Moher are well worth a visit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s bloody expensive!!

I’d recommend the Southwest – Kerry, West Cork. Both stunning. If you want to do NI, then you could base yourself in Galway/Mayo – again both lovely but it’s Connemara – bring wet weather gear. Border crossing pretty straightforward. Not many soldiers around these days. Donegal in the NW also beautiful but again, can be bleak and wet too.

East coast is a bit boring tbh. Dublin is worth a visit for maybe one night. Expect to be paying around €6 a pint there.

samuri
    Free Member

OK, I’ve had recommendations for Kerry and Cork before so that’s where we’re going I think. We’ll try for near the top to give us more travelling options.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Holiday this year – Ireland’ is closed to new replies.