Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • hippies on Grand Designs
  • curtisthecat
    Free Member

Anybody watching? They even have a clapped out old bus. Kinda like the house they are building though.

rOcKeTdOg

how long till she’s preggers?

househusband

So, will she be pregnant by the end of this episode..?!

(My wife developed this theory, besides the cagnascenti on this forum!)

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Has he got a harem of women? Seem to be loads of different women about.

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

They’re a little tapped in the head!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m quite liking this one too…

househusband

There was certainly some flirting going on when discussing niches in the wall…

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

He just said “we’re pretty much watertight now”.

Ye, with no front on the house

sodafarls
    Free Member

I watched “garbage warrior” a couple of nights ago. You should check it out.

garbage warrior

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

Just noticed she’s got very hairy arm pits. LOL

st

Hairy armpitted women too.

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

Wonder if her legs are hairy too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hairy pits = Really hairy minge. Never good.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I have a friend that is really into hairy women.

bruneep

Round bed?

ourmaninthenorth

I have a friend that is really into hairy women.

Of course you do, curtis… 😉

dave_aber
    Free Member

Looks like ‘Uncle’ Kevin is losing his touch – no extras appearing half way through this week…

Liked the house though.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

No honestly I prefer the well groomed look 😀

djglover
    Free Member

hairy women make me feel weird. But I am smooth as an eel, apart from where it matters.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Really hairy is ok when the lights are out.

Hippees eh!

The house looks shxt btw!

miketually
    Free Member

I think that might be my new favourite GD house.

Alek
    Free Member

Looked cold inside, everyone had hats and jackets on.

Reckon they’ll need a good summer to get any benefit over winter (walls still drying out!!)

And a compost WC………nae chance 🙁

Did like the house though and the concept. Great spot too. Wish I had bought a site in southern france in the 90’s 😛

Spongebob
    Free Member

An “EARTH SHIP” !!!!! WTF?? WTF??

I HATE hippees!

aP
    Free Member

They did start calling them that quite some time before the dead started dying

Spongebob
    Free Member

“dirt bitches” and liqidized chick peas??

I HATE hippees!

dot
    Free Member

Spongebob, without ‘hippies’ you wouldn’t be posting on this forum. So go stand in the corner and think about that for a while.

colnagokid

why spend all that money on glazing and not have a proper bog!
    Quite like it otherwise, (too many bad memories of early mtb events with portable bogs)

Spongebob
    Free Member

**Standing in the corner thinking**

Spongebob
    Free Member

Yeah, dry toilets really smell!

Spongebob
    Free Member

So Dot, why is it that you think hippees are the reason that i post on this site?

shinsplints

The other girl helping them would have definately had it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Dry toilets are still common in France, more appealing than the ski jump variety. They were common in towns in 60s Sweeden too.

I thought the hippies were brilliant. The first GD in ages where I wasnt nauseated by w*nky bankers turning up on the job with spotless reflective vests and shiny hard hats to assess progress on the build, and smugness of going £300k over budget

There is something very special about the process of building something by yourself for yourself. The more you do something that way the less likely you are to destroy whats left for everyone else. Living and working that way in France is an instant passport into their community. Good on them.

Oh and hairy pits are a must in France, its the Law.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

more appealing than the ski jump variety

PLEASE EXPLAIN; if for no other reason than to stop me imagining sitting at the top of a miniature ski jump, making a poo and watching it rolling down and flying off into the distance as it launches itself off the ramp under it’s own momentum…and what’s it supposed to fly into anyway?

AdamM
    Free Member

What mcmoonter said about building something yourself, maybe not the bit about pits though…

flamejob
    Free Member

I think he means this, you stand on the stripy bit feeling a bit like a ski jumper.

IanMunro
    Free Member

PLEASE EXPLAIN; if for no other reason than to stop me imagining sitting at the top of a miniature ski jump, making a poo and watching it rolling down and flying off into the distance as it launches itself off the ramp under it’s own momentum…and what’s it supposed to fly into anyway?

I was imagining a full size communal ski jump where each morning all the village folk climbed to the top of slope, strapped on their ski’s, dropped theire pants, raced down the slope, then curled one out mid flight over the village dung heap.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The problem with those squat and poo jobbies is that they’re not very conducive to having a decent mag read.

steve_b77
    Free Member

It does make a pleasent change to see people actually building their own house.

I do like how the “Hippie” was so dismissive about going 65k over his budget, where the hell does someone secure that kind of money on a house made from old tyres and dirt.

I’m thinking they may be hippy/eco warrior kinda people with a nice nest egg laid down by wealthy relatives who made all their money out of heavy industry, hence the “we must live an ecologicaly friendly lifestyle” to make up for what our loaded parents/grandparents did.

Nice house in the end though, can you even imagine how much a bespoke oak kitchen of that size would cost, let alone how much they spent on the interior!!

Round bed = hippie sh@g fest/love in/orgy times en france 😆

aP
    Free Member

IIRC his total build cost was £135K, some people think thats about right for a car and a kitchen.
    I can’t stand all that niche/ candle stuff, but I thought they built a slightly quirky, pretty well thought house – and earth shelters have been around for a couple of decades, I just wasn’t entirely convinced by things like the roof falls and some of the roof/ guttering details. Even the bottle wall looked pretty good – although like all these things until you go and actually experience the space all you get is an impression of what it is.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

the most brilliant thing about that couple was that they not only got the main build labour for free, but that they also convinced these people to pay them for the pleasure of working on the house.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘hippies on Grand Designs’ is closed to new replies.