Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Highways Agency?
  • portlyone

Vito Sport, tis the future.

nealglover
    Free Member

Vito Sport, tis the future.

You appear to have spelt “T5 Sportline” wrong.

😉

Cougar

no statutory provision imposing a speed limit on motor vehicles shall apply to any vehicle on an occasion when it is being used for fire, ambulance or police purposes

So, wait, what, any police car can ignore the speed limit so long as they’re on duty?

Wow. Every day’s a school day.

v8ninety

So, wait, what, any police car can ignore the speed limit so long as they’re on duty?

Yes, but if for example an accident happened where speed in excess of the posted limit was a factor then the driver would be expected to justify his decision to claim the exemption, demonstrating reasoned proportionality. So not just a licence to tear around willy nilly. Also important to note that there is no exemption for careless or dangerous driving. (or ‘no left turn’ signs)

poly
    Free Member

cougar – you need to read to the end of the sentence:

“if the observance of that provision will be likely to hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose for which it is being used on that occasion.”

Drac

What V8ninety says, yes whilst on duty in the simple term but it would need to be justified, doing that for returning to station or a routine run would take a little bit of convincing.

Drac

What V8ninety says, yes whilst on duty in the simple term but it would need to be justified, doing that for returning to station or a routine run would take a little bit of convincing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not for us if on an Emergency we’re to have the lights and siren on at all times, trust policy.

@Drac, out of interest, when do you put the sirens on? Is it just to warn other drivers that you’re around?

Drac

Oh no trust policy says we have them at all times when going to an Emergency call so that’s what I do. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hell, yeah. I would too. 😀

bruneep

Put our hee haws off but keep lights on we are stuck in traffic that is obviously going no where fast. Only a matter of time one of the emergency services are brought to account if they force a driver through a junction and cause an incident.

Drac

Having faced a court hearing it was squashed at the last minute, I was heading to the court, as the advice was they not come off well against me because I had lights and sirens on.

That said in total grid lock I’d consider switching them off if policy allowed me. 😀

Cougar

cougar – you need to read to the end of the sentence:

Ah, good point. I did misread that. Ta.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Highways Agency?’ is closed to new replies.