Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • high five zero..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

just got some through with my crc order..whats it like?

RealMan
    Free Member

Try it and see, it won’t kill you.

finbar
    Free Member

it won’t kill you.

It might do, it’s just nasty artifical sweeteners.

Clobber
    Free Member

I agree with finbar… made me ill for a week after about 2 months usage…

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

No aspartame in it..

Edit: ah, reference to aspartame removed.

Ingredients: Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sweeteners (Sorbitol, Sucralose), Malic Acid, Tri Sodium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Carbonate, Flavouring, Colour (Riboflavin), Maltodextrin, Calcium Carbonate, Polyethylene Glycol, Vitamin C, Green Tea Extract.

Doesn’t look too bad?

MrTall
    Free Member

I use it and have felt fine. I used to use Nuun but the Zero stuff is cheaper and seems to do the same thing?

Can’t honestly say if it helps with my hydration but i certainly cramp less than i used to so i’m happy to keep using it.

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, looks alright to me.

I like it, use it to hydrate myself before a race generally.

anto164
    Free Member

Got a bottle of those tabs a couple of weeks ago. They taste nice (The citrus ones) but IMO they made me get cramp! The only times i’ve gotten cramp whilst riding, was when i was using these.

I’m going to use the rest of them up, and i don’t think i’ll buy again. Going to go back to just drinking water. I MAY try Nuun to see what they’re like. For a couple of quid, they’re cheap enough to throw away if i didn’t like them. Or, i’ll feed them to the seaguls 😀

finbar
    Free Member

Yeah, i thought the ingredients were worse than they are ’til i checked. Still wouldn’t drink it though.

carlphillips
    Free Member

just asking as i generally just use water unless im doing a long ride 3+hrs.
    usually use torq but interested in others experience.
    i’ll give it a go when im next out.

paperbackwriter
    Free Member

Nuun gives me mega-burps, High-5 don’t & are cheaper so I’d buy them again – neither stopped me getting cramps though.

Am about to try Tesco’s own version of Berocca tablets instead as they have more vitamins/ minerals / electrolytes & work out cheaper per tablet.

carlphillips
    Free Member

pbw…i’ll look into them, what are they called? linky?

Phil_H

Too much sorbitol can give you the Ertha Kitts

stevemtb
    Free Member

There’s one that’s fizzy and tastes like cheap red bull. Might be the caffine one?

The fizz wasn’t pleasant when riding and not expecting it (was ok after a bit) and I found that really left a bad aftertaste. The other ones I’ve tried were better.

sobriety
    Free Member

i use the berry zero during playing squash and for long rides, tastes ok and is cheaper than off the shelf electrolyte drinks.

LLOYDSTEVENS
    Free Member

I’ve been using them for a while now, used to use elete electrolyte but always ended up putting too much in and made water taste like sea water.
    Zero taste nice,(orange and cherry my fav) are easy to use and seem to work for me. (CRC marathons, 24hr racing etc) just check instructions for how many tabs per bottle. Some use 1 some use 2. (caffeine berry flavour are two tabs)

warton
    Free Member

I’m a fan. use 1 berry tab per 750ml bottle, works a treat. used to use energy drinks, but hey’re just to sweet and heavy for me.

dyna-ti

Very good for hangovers by all accounts 😕

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’ts fine, especially when it’s free.

angryratio
    Free Member

great for hangovers…
    thats all i used mine for.
    Speaks volumes.

cp

yep, it’s one of the few electrolyte drinks I can stomach at intense workloads.

As noted, the ingredients are better than most.

and as with most sports/electrolyte drinks, a pint when you get in off the lash, and another in the morning and you’ll be reet in no time 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

usually use torq but interested in others experience.

Bear in mind there’s no carbs in Zero, so you’ll need to get it elsewhere; food or gels or sommat.

stgeorge

I find it great – use it to stop cramps, works a treat, no side effects. No calories as stated above – good for the likes of me.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Its pretty wrank i think.

Haze

Works for me, and slightly more interesting than water.

warpcow
    Free Member

It seemed to stop cramp for me and tasted better than Nuun imo, but I did feel quite painfully constipated after drinking it. Nuun didn’t have this effect. Personally I like Elete.

plop_pants
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some Rego 😐

winterfold
    Free Member

Does the job for me, if you are fit then you should be ok with zero carbs up to 3 hrs

Also good for hangovers as the man said – top tip – neck one tab plus a pint before going to bed

Make sure you have a piss too 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some Rego

So? Totally different stuff.

if you are fit then you should be ok with zero carbs up to 3 hrs

That depends, I couldn’t do 3 hours hard on Zero with nothing else, I’d be wrecked, and I’d say I’m reasonably fit.

FieldMarshall

Bear in mind there’s no carbs in Zero, so you’ll need to get it elsewhere; food or gels or sommat.

According to the tube, it’s 65% Carbs (I assume from the maltodextrin) but granted that’s not enough in a 4g tablet to meet your carbohydrate needs on a long ride.

Interesting that it causes cramps in some and alleviates it in others. I suspect this may be due to either being low in potassium or sodium or both. I tend to be low in sodium and high in potassium and they seem to work for me. I believe that other electrolytic drinks vary considerably in the ratio of potassium to sodium.

Have been using them for a couple of years now and swear by them when the weathers hot (and for a hangover cure). Having said that I have recently switched over to Torq for longer rides as that meets both my energy and electrolyte needs.

winterfold
    Free Member

I didnt say you wouldn’t be wrecked 🙂 – I’d be a minute away from full bonk meltdown – if I wanted to ride longer than that then would use energy drink and eat

2 hours is probably a more sensible limit

I’ve deffo shed some timber since I’ve been using it on shorter rides, although it is not the only factor I’m sure it has helped

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘high five zero..?’ is closed to new replies.