Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Heston Blumenthal
  • Xylene
    Free Member

What a tool.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heston Poncenthal more like…

Don’t like him. Don’t like his face.

jimmy

Oh what, they don’t go with it because the profit margin is too small and its too complicated.

And repeat… and fade…

Xylene
    Free Member

Just sat through some crap on channel 4 with the missus while I wrote up some notes for tomorrows classes.

What a load of drivel. He’s like that kid at school who was wierd and caused controversy just for the sake of it.

flip
    Free Member

A freakish homunculus germinated outside lawful procreation..

infidel
    Free Member

I like him and thoroughly enjoyed eating at his restaurant.

oh and it’s Heston..

nuke

Thought he was alright on that old series where he tried to help update Roadchef

IanMunro
    Free Member

I saw the first in this series and thought his food outlets must be doing pretty badly to sign up for this drivel. I guess it just shows what difference a good TV director makes to the outcome of a programme.

ojom
    Free Member

You have to admire his enthusiasm.

infidel
    Free Member

Food outlets? He has only recently opened a 2nd restaurant. To get a table at either you can only book 3 months in advance and you’re lucky if you do. Not sure he’s that desperate? Though IIRC his margins are slim, Ferran Adria has announced closure of El Bulli, the #1 restaurant in the world as he was losing moneyeach diner.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d rather eat at Heston services than give any of my money to that food-fiddler.

yunki
    Free Member

Xylene
    Free Member

Is that one of his creations from another show, Yunki?

jimmy

You have to admire his enthusiasm.

…for easy money

chewkw
    Free Member

I think his head is getting bigger now and like smelling his own fart … think he is trying to challenge Bono the god’s status … absolutely out of touch with ordinary people except those who like to smell their own fart.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Chewkw; don’t ever stop being you! 😆

jimmy

oops double whammy.

DezB
    Free Member

There are people who don’t like to smell their own farts?

z1ppy

Bugger, Heston’s obviously the new Jamie Oliver on here.

Someone who’s enthusiastic about food & successful = STW hate figure.

Can’t see why, he* like’s messing with food (ffs he’s a chef!), don’t we all love decent tasting, even wholesome, food?

(insert Heston or Jamie as you like)

philconsequence
    Free Member

i like him 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

1) Be Good At Something
    2) Get On Telly
    3) Profit
    4) ??????
    5) Become Hate Figure

philconsequence
    Free Member

1) Be VERY Good At Something, enough so to be given an OBE and three Michelin stars.
    2) Get On Telly
    3) Profit
    4) ??????
    5) Become STW Hate Figure

Drac

Least it’s answered the question “Now Top Gear’s finished….”

whippersnapper
    Free Member

He intrigues me but I have to say last night’s offerings were pointless. There was nothing new to cinema food there, just a slightly twisted version of what existed.

Still, I need to go to Bray to try his chips

Torminalis
    Free Member

I like him too, I am interested in food and though lots of his stuff is not possible (or even really desirable) to cook at home, it can inspire experimentation with flavours and novel techniques.

You don’t have to watch him…

Jamie
    Free Member

You don’t have to watch him…

Indeed. There does seem to be percentage of STW’ers who seem to have broken TVs.

…what with the off switch not working.

z1ppy

Drac – Moderator
    Least it’s answered the question “Now Top Gear’s finished….”

LOL, almost snorted my cornflakes all over the screen :mrgreen:

philconsequence
    Free Member

either that or they’ve forgotten who should be in charge of all remote controls?!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It was a pointless exercise. His answer to boring, unhealthy cinema food was: popcorn, ice cream and hot dogs.

He should have gone with his original plan and served them dead fish, babies and spunk.

Or his old faithful and just given them liquid nitrogen instead.

DezB
    Free Member

4) Disappear up your own arse

oddjob
    Free Member

I like him, he is clever, enthusiastic and doesn’t accept the mediocre status quo

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’d love to be able to afford The Fat Duck, it sounds wonderful. His new one, “Dinner with Heston Blumenthal” sounds good too – more affordable, even.

I HAVE cooked one of his simpler recipes – “Heston Blumenthal’s Perfect Roast Potatoes” and they were indeed, perfect.

He’s a great British success story and an interesting character – more power to him, say I.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I thought the manager of the cinema was a grade one tool. I like Heston he’s a bit mad and I like that.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m going to go to the cineworld in high wycombe and demand my popcorn is “double bagged” 😆

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Is that some sort of euphenism phil? Mucky bugger.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Make sure the cineworld logo is facing you!!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

I like him. His show on food chemistry was ace – thinking carefully about food.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I liked his perfect steak show. The lengths and depths he went to just to get every aspect exactly right.

And he ate steak in a strip club…

beej

Formula for Heston shows:

1. Heston tries the existing food, says it’s terrible.
    2. Heston meets with the management, says he’ll do fantastic things. Management filmed saying something slightly realistic, which is edited to make them look negative.
    3. Heston makes something as extreme, unrealistic and stupid as he can.
    4. People/customers/management try it and say its extreme, unrealistic and stupid. Edited to make them look negative. Worried looks all round, Heston expresses despair at the whole idea.
    5. Heston comes up with realistic incremental improvements.
    6. People/customers/managment try it and say they like it.
    7. Roll credits.

Steps 2-4 are called entertainment.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ You forgot step 2.5, Heston uses liquid nitrogen to make ice-cream…….again and again and again

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Heston Blumenthal’ is closed to new replies.