Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Hen Party Ideas – Glasgow
  • catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Hi, hoping for some help from the STW Collective, I’m trying to organise a hen party in March in Glasgow and was wondering if anyone could recommend any activities (other than drinking), places to eat and also any reasonably priced central accomodation?

Thanks in advance

maccruiskeen

For accommodation check out Citizen M – central, affordable and quite clever.

catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Thanks maccruiskeen, I’ll definately look into that 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

What kind of stuff do you want to do?

Skiing/snowboarding?
    GoKarts?
    BMX?
    Theatre?
    Comedy club?
    etc etc

catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Very open to suggestions to be honest. Perhaps something relaxed one day like the theatre, spa treatments etc and then something more up tempo the next. Anything that is cheap is a bonus

Zedsdead
    Free Member

what kind of thing would you like to see at a theatre?

And from the city centre how far out would you be willing to go? Do you have your own transport or are you using public transport.

Oh, and how many of you will there be?

catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Zedsdead, we will be flying into Glasgow so using public transport and as we are only there for a few days I don’t think we’d really want to go to far outside of the City. Numbers wise I’d hesitate a guess at 10

peterfile
    Free Member

For accommodation check out Citizen M – central, affordable and quite clever.

Citizen M is pretty quirky/different, but is about as souless as it gets.

I lived in the Blythswood Sq Hotel for about 7 months last year (still live in a townhouse owned by them!), i could probably get you a good deal on rooms if there’s a few of you.

One of the best (and certainly most impressive) 5* hotels in the city, and has the best spa in Scotland.

Send me an email if you want me to check prices and date etc 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Okay, this makes things a bit easier. I shall come up with a list of stuff for you.

There’s a bus/coach type thing which runs direct from the airport to the city centre (Arriva 500 I’m sure) at least every 10 or 15 minutes. Almost all meuseums in and around Glasgow are free. The clockwork orange (underground train) is an excellent service and will serve you well. If you want to go a little further out there are loads of train services.

Check out http://www.list.co.uk/ although there is an awful lot not mentioned in there – I’ll do a bit of hunting and see what’s what.

catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Guys, thank you very much for your help, its much appreciated.

peterfile – thanks for your offer, the hotel looks lovely however it is a bit out of the budget once we factor in flights too.

Dolcered

depending on where you are staying, Ashton Lane is a nice wander just off byres road in the west end (bars and restaurants), not too far from the Kelvingrove museum. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashton_Lane

for shopping activities theres buchanan street, leads up to a huge indoor shopping area (you never know it might be raining), thats near to central train station.

for hen activities you could do the clockwork orange pubcrawl, aim is to get a drink at every pub on the subway route. Be warned it does go to a few unsavoury areas (ideal for shots i suppose!)and it does get messy! http://www.barcrawl.co.uk/pubcrawl.aspx?Crawl=84

theres the usual clubs etc, some will have a dress code.
    comedy club – the stand – prob need to book, not sure about hen groups etc.
    they do theme nights on this thing http://www.the-ferry.co.uk/theferrywebsite.html

i dont live far enough away to stay in town often, but ive stayed in the jurys inn before, its also close to central station. http://glasgowhotels.jurysinns.com/?gclid=CJGg66G02awCFYYPfAodCU11qQ
    roughly when is the hen?

catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

16th – 18th March

scu98rkr
    Free Member

gold fish eating competition with shots ?

BoardinBob

One of the best (and certainly most impressive) 5* hotels in the city, and has the best spa in Scotland.

It’s the only 5* hotel in the city as far as I know

gixer.john
    Free Member

What about a murder mystery night – my missus went up for her Hen do, and to meet my family in Glasgow May / June time. Think they went to the Argyle Hotel, about a 5 or 10 minute taxi ride from the city centre.
    The women had a day shopping and gossiping around the city centre, then back to the hotel to freshen up.
    Dowmstairs for a meal and a murder mystery event. everyone said it was a cracking event, very interactive and entertaining.
    Package price was pretty reasonable as it included the murder mystery event, 3 course meal and B&B. Lots of the family and my missus don’t drink, so they weren’t interested in a pub crawl.

BoardinBob

If you need a stripper just give me a shout

nick1962
    Free Member

If the weather is dry the sightseeing bus tour is enjoyable and informative.Your ticket lasts for 2 days and you can get on and off as many times as you like so you can use it to get around Glasgow. Discounts available if you book online etc

HOME

peterfile
    Free Member

It’s the only 5* hotel in the city as far as I know

You’ve also got the Hilton, Raddison Blu and One Dev.

However, out of those, I’d only class One Dev as 5* in relation to what most non business travellers look for in a 5* hotel (and even then it doesn’t have the same facilities most expect). Arguably Mar Hall too if you stretch the boundary towards the airport.

peterfile – thanks for your offer, the hotel looks lovely however it is a bit out of the budget once we factor in flights too.

Alternatively, try Hotel Indigo. Glasgow’s newest and coolest hotel. It’s a great little place and reasonably priced. I know the reservations co-ordinator for the hotel group intimately, so should be able to sort something out

Merak

^ Or you could go to a travel inn.

Stu_N

Stayed in the Premier Inn on George St on Friday night, was through west for a gig. Not fancy, but clean, comfortable, quiet-ish and very central. And the clincher for us, £39 a night.

theupsetter
    Free Member

For dinner.
    Great for hen nights.
    http://www.khublaikhan.co.uk/glasgow-hen-party.html

althepal

Khublakahns is a good laugh.. There’s a few decent pubs and clubs in the area too.. Merchant city btw..

peterfile
    Free Member

+1 for Kublaikhan if there’s a bit group of you and you want something a bit different 🙂

definitely agree with althepal re Merchant City. Try to avoid the regular Hen party haunts, Merchant City is where all the cool kids drink and you’ll be free from the hassle of neds/scallies/yobs etc.

Lots of nice bars serving nice booze, all within a 30 second walk of each other.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Hen Party Ideas – Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.