Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help with mobile phone and email
  • trout
    Free Member

I have a sony ericsson w995 and can pick up my emails on it .

the problem is how do I get them back into a computer

trout
    Free Member

I take it no one can help then 😥

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I've got a 995 too, but use googlemail. It has a mobile app.
    What are you using to pick then up? Is there no web page for it also?

trout
    Free Member

It is just using the pop settings

I cant seem to get them off the phone
    cant even find them with the PC even though they are saved to memory card

woody2000

Why don't you just forward them back to yourself, but not pick it up with the phone? I just make sure that I leave a copy on the server, that way i can pick it up with a mail client too. Bit messy but works for me.

st

Can't you set it to leave a copy on the server anyway? Then just download them using your Outlook or whatever you have on your computer.

That's how my Blackberry works and a while backI had a Sony K800i & K850i which did the same, just make sure that when you delete messages from your phone you keep a copy on your server.

Sorry to be vague but it's been a while and I can't remember the finer detail.

Drac

Best way is to use IMAP for your emails and they will sync away with each other, see if your provider can help you out.

GrahamS

Yep, as Drac rightly says, try to use IMAP rather than POP.

With POP you move messages from the server to whatever device or program you look at them with.

With IMAP the messages always stay on the server and every device or program just views them there (i.e. more like a webpage).

glenh
    Free Member

Yep, the problem is with using the POP protocol.
    It moves the mail from the server to the client (your phone in this case), unless you specify to leave a copy on the server.

If you can use IMAP, exchange or a web based service like gmail, then you won't have this problem – the messages are always left on the server for access from anywhere, unless you delete them.

GrahamS

I've used http://fastmail.fm for over eight years now.

Full IMAP access, nice web interface, and not GMail 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help with mobile phone and email’ is closed to new replies.