Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help with lights please!!!
  • slaidlaw81
    Free Member

I need a front light that will allow me to ride on country lanes when dark without me crashing and dying. I have a budget of about £100. What are my best options???

Thanks

Suggsey
    Free Member

If you truly want budget a P7 from Deal extreme or similar off ebay. If you want a bit posher and can squeexe a bit more out your budget an Exposure Joystick Maxx (perhaps second hand) they are ace-and my recommendations just happen to be what I run-two p7’s on bars and Joystick on helmet.

slaidlaw81
    Free Member

i do like a joystick but will one be enough for general road riding in the dark?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slaidlaw81
    Free Member

how long with the battery on a joystick last? does the white eye thing use loads of battery? and is there aplug in battery pack that can be used?

thanks for any help once again

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The 2xAA 230/240/250 lumen lights form deal extreme along with 2x rechargeable AA’s from vapextech will last 2 hours and a bit and are more than enough to see by.

If you really need more than that the magicshine (same P7 LED as the torches) is pretty unbeatable for £50 and lasts ages on the dipped beam (about 300lumen) or longer than my stamina on full beam (claimed 900 lumen).

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Hope Vision 1 will do the trick.

TheFopster
    Free Member

A cheap P7 torch from DX is more than enough to ride off road at a reasonable pace. I bought two, and now an XPG as well as a lighter light on the helmet. Used all three at once on Friday night and that was PLENTY of light! If you can wait for slow delivery I’d get a P7 and be done with it.

trickydisco
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help with lights please!!!’ is closed to new replies.