Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • HELP! Want to get software OFF my computer
  • Skid-Mark
    Free Member

Guys, I live outside of UK and thought I’d give “expat shield” a go so that I could look at telly on the BBC i Player.

When I down loaded the software I also took the option to have the expat shield tool bar. I don’t want it now. So, I scanned my computer for all things with the word “expat” in the file name and deleted them.

But surprise, surprise I still have the expat shield tool bar.

Can anyone give me simpleton (for I am surely one of those when it comes to computers) instructions on how I can get rid of this software once and for all?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

If Windows, can you not go to Control Panel > Programs > Unistall (or whatever the pathway os for the version you’re using?

RS4KEV

You probably need to get some registry entries out for a start and some software to do it for you. I like “Revo uninstaller” (free download) for that kind of work. Try download.com for the programme.

z1ppy

So, I scanned my computer for all things with the word “expat” in the file name and deleted them

Have you any idea how much this makes techies cry? (or pull out what little hair they have)

There ‘should’ be an un-install option, either in the programs ‘own’ folder on the program menu, or under “programs and feature” (or “program manager” [??] in XP). Though this will prbably fail due to what you’ve done..

You could try re-installing it and then finding the proper “uninstall” route.

duntstick
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

the number of techies that assume these insidious software devs follow windows protocols is enough to make a normal man pull his hair out 😉

muddy_bum
    Free Member

How do I uninstall your ExpatShield Toolbar?
    Please follow the five easy steps below. Step 1: Click “Start,” then click “Control Panel.”
    Step 2: Double click “Add or Remove Programs” from the “Control Panel” window.
    Step 3: Click “ExpatShield Toolbar,” then click “Remove/Uninstall.” Click “Yes” to confirm the uninstallation.
    Step 4: If you are using Mozilla Firefox, click “Tools” on the top panel. Click “Add-Ons,” then click the “Extensions” tab.
    Step 5: Click “ExpatShield Toolbar,” then click “Uninstall.” Restart your Web browser.

How do I uninstall ExpatShield?
    Go to Start > Programs > ExpatShield > Uninstall ExpatShield. Uninstalling ExpatShield is just like uninstalling any other windows program. After you finish uninstalling, please open your web browser and delete cache. Restart your web browser.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Google + uninstall expat shield toolbar

Hope that’s not too technical for you

Cougar

I scanned my computer for all things with the word “expat” in the file name and deleted them.

You’re lucky your PC still boots. Next time, please, ask for help before making a pig’s bladder of it. It’s exponentially easier to support.

I suspect that this is the best course of action, any legitimate uninstaller is probably royally knackered by now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HELP! Want to get software OFF my computer’ is closed to new replies.