Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help save this Proflex 854!
  • boybiskit
    Free Member

So… my colleague has just shown me this bike which was heading to the tip. Can anyone tell me what year it is (mid 90s…). And any idea of value?

It’s all original, LX/XT mix. There’s no play in the suspension but then it doesn’t work either!

Once washed it’ll be up for sale I suppose. Anything is better than skipping it.

854 by truman2015, on Flickr

jackthedog
    Free Member

Sell it as is, here.

Never did stop loving the functional beauty of Girvin Vectors.

grum
    Free Member

Is it too late to get him to take it to the tip after all? 😛

rocketman
    Free Member

Still use mine:

monkeyboyjc

its an 854 so 1994 – still worth some cash on retrobike as jackthedog said. prob a good £100-200+ in parts.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Suspension doesn’t work as it needs new elastomers.

I like Girvins, got some later ’98 carbon Crosslinks (became Noleen) on my Mongoose Amplifier 2

boybiskit
    Free Member

Cool isn’t it!? Takes me back to days of work experience in the bike shop!

Thanks for the help. If there are any takers here, my email is in profile. Otherwise expect to see it on retro biking website near you soon!

gmex619
    Free Member

Your email isnt in your profile mate..

But mine is. Message me. Im tempted by it. My other half has an 857 so a beginning of a set would be nice.

u02sgb
    Free Member

I have an 857 frame languishing in the garage. It was surprisingly good with modern 100mm forks on it. Been replaced by my Giant anthem though. It was reasonably light (carbon swingarm) and loved it with Magura hydro-stops on the back. Been meaning to put it on Retro bike to give it a new home.

I sold the Girvin forks for something like £20 which I now regret!

Stu.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help save this Proflex 854!’ is closed to new replies.