Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help: Rockshox flood gate lock out problems.
  • MADB
    Free Member

My Pike lockout has stopped working again, so I have stripped the forks to see I can find the problem.

I replaced all the o-ring and C clips about 2 months ago so it not them and they all still look OK, my only other though was its lost a load of oil. The oil my still be the problem as in my hast in stripping the forks I didn’t take much notice on how much oil come out of the motion control side.

The other thing I noticed is that the hex key adjuster for the flood gate thing will only do a ¼ turn, is this normal?

Any other idea’s let new know as I need it sorting before the weekend, otherwise I will have the Bronte Big K on the ridged SS and I really don’t want to do that(no beard at the moment).

Thanks

Brian

PJM1974
    Free Member

Most likely a seal has warped and has dumped the damping fluid into the lower leg. The warped seal will be the reason why you’re only getting quarter of a turn on the dial.

The best bet would be to contact TF Tuned, who could advise you accordingly.

It’s the law of sod that these things happen the day before you need your suspension for something important.

slinkybike
    Free Member

The seal that separates the damping fluid and the lower legs is separate to the seals in the mo-co. Sounds like you either have too little fluid in the upper leg or more likely the mo-co has had it and they are not fully serviceable.

MADB
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I will put it back to gether with new oil and new seals and see if that sorts it, if not looks like a new mo-co unit will be needed.

Cheers

Brian.

bigjim

My Rev lockout has died too, but its because I have lost some oil through the top of the fork, as the umbrella seal within the moco unit is one of the faulty ones. Loco tuning sell them but seem to be having trouble getting them in stock. I don’t think you need to lose much oil before the lockout stops working.

walleater

The other thing I noticed is that the hex key adjuster for the flood gate thing will only do a ¼ turn, is this normal?

No.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I had the same problem (though not with the oil). Lock out had gone and the flood gate was hard to turn.

If you take the helix cartridge out you might find that the the axle connected to that hex adjuster, which has a slotted end, has sort of jumped out of the valve at the bottom of the helix assembly and so isnt turning it properly.

Sorry for the really badly worded explanation, but if this makes sense it might help you save a few £££. Take things apart and you’ll probably see what I mean.

Of course, the posts above may sort you out.

Good luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help: Rockshox flood gate lock out problems.’ is closed to new replies.