Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Help riding in Devon
  • madspot
    Free Member

Can anyone give me an idea where i can get some good singletrack riding near Braunton in Devon

Dibbs
    Free Member

Go and ask the lads in South Fork bike shop, but to be honest there’s not a great deal (I was born there, but now I live on the Quantocks so Braunton looks a bit poor when it comes to MTB stuff).

Si
    Free Member

Dartmoor

madspot
    Free Member

Thanks guys, i live near the mendips and just staying down there next weekend, i may go up tp exmoor for the day

snaps
    Free Member

Azarat on here lives in Braunton & knows a few good loops but they can be a bit gloopy in this weather – Exmoor is probably a better option – I’d offer to show you myself but I’ve hurt my hand so having a couple of weeks off the bike.

madspot
    Free Member

snaps, where on the south side of exmoor is good to start from, i am looking to do a good few hours out on sat,

rnewell1973
    Free Member

Ask foxyrider. He was brilliant when I visited Devon.

snaps
    Free Member

Have you got GPS?

madspot
    Free Member

No, i really need to get my eyes tested so have no chance of reading one of those out riding, and i know you should stop and read but i have to keep going!

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve sent you couple of JPGs first is a medium/hard route, second is easy but good to do clockwise then have a bite to eat & repeat anti clockwise.

madspot
    Free Member

Thank you i appreciate your effort

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Exmoor is within easy reach. Cheeky (very) early morning blast on the coast path is a possible option…. not that I can possibly recommend anything so irresponsible of course.

Better still, take a weekend off riding and head to the beach and go surfing instead.

azarat
    Free Member

Dibbs. You mention that you were born in Braunton, do you have a sister by the name of Jean by any chance?

Matt_SS_xc

meant to be a great ride around lynmouth / porlock way, always fancied trying it – you will need to like climbing though!!!

azarat
    Free Member

madspot. I can put together some routes for you starting from Braunton, what distance or time scale are you comfortable with riding? I also spend a lot of time riding out from Brendon common and again could give you routes if required. Mail me for more info.

Dibbs
    Free Member

do you have a sister by the name of Jean by any chance?

I’m afraid so 😉

azarat
    Free Member

Dibbs. Went to school with her and Lorraine. Spoke to Jean recently, in the village with your grand parents.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help riding in Devon’ is closed to new replies.