Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help: Recommend me a Dehumidifier
  • Daffy

My new rental is pretty prone to condensation and things are getting damp.

What’s the STW recommended De-Humidification device.

It’s a 3 bedroom, two story house.

Budget not too much of an issue, as i need it to work.

Help

sam_underhill

I’ve got one of these. Used it in my old flat that had a similar issue, it’s amazing how much water it sucks out of the air.

IanB
    Free Member

We got one of these: http://www.dehumidifiers-online.co.uk/mitsubishi_dehumidifiers.html (VX model)

Brilliant all round, good capacity and quite good on energy efficiency too. A bit pricey, but very well made and faultless in the time we’ve had it. It’s also more energy efficient at drying washing than a tumble drier would be.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I recently got one of these for my new flat
    amazon link

seems good – only gripe is it arrived with a euro plug fitted. Luckily I have an adapter

Zedsdead
    Free Member

We also have the De’Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier.

It’s excellent and you will be amazed at how much water it collects!

Earl
    Free Member

Same style as the Mitsu but cheaper (i.e. probably not as good). Works better when its cold as it heats up the air to extract moisture opposed to the condensor type.

Daffy

Thanks all, I went for the Mitsubishi in the end.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On a side note, which is more efficient, turning up the heating and opening the windows, or a dehumidifier?

I could do the maths but can’t be arsed and someone must have done it before.

Guess the best solution is a heat exchanger, but that’s impractical.

pjt201
    Free Member

holy thread resurrection (for spam) batman! Tell me ebacltd, do you enjoy riding mountain bikes?

Cougar

I think I’d go for a Mitsubishi over an Ebac, as Mitsubishi haven’t yet spammed our forum.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In fairness to EBAC, if somene asks and On-one question Brant’s allowed to answer, if someone posts and AC question surely theyre allowed the same?

The rules state you can answer/ask a question and offer advice, but not start threads etc IIRC?

Anyway, STW does seem to come up pretty close tot he top og google results for pretty much everything so if someone mentioned a company I owned/worked for I’d probably want to keep threads about the company positive. Can’t see any harm in that?

ransos
    Free Member

We use a Delonghi compact for drying washing indoors – it works really well.

chipps

Fair enough point notaspoon – despite it being reported as spam, it seems a reasonable enough reply, so we’ll leave the post here.

Cougar

It’s a grey area isn’t it, which is why I didn’t report the post.

Whilst not explicitly against the rules, it does seem to be bad form to create an account solely to promote your company by replying to a question that someone asked ten months ago. But it’s on-topic at least. (-:

Cougar

Also,

I need a dehumidifier, can anyone recommend me one?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help: Recommend me a Dehumidifier’ is closed to new replies.