Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help please techy bods, Error 403!
  • PePPeR

I changed the password on our wireless router yesterday, 3 computers have had no problems but the fourth is saying error 403, anyone know what my daughters done to it? 😉

Its wierd I’ve tried everything I can think of but it just won’t let her computer access the server, it says its connected fine but nowts happening!

retro83
    Free Member

permissions problem. Still trying to login under the old password stored in the cookie or something like that?

PePPeR

thought of that, deleted all the cookies and all cached data.

GrahamS

Its wierd I’ve tried everything I can think of but it just won’t let her computer access the server,

Which server? Describe your setup a little.
    Is this just a bunch of PCs connected to a WiFi ADSL gateway/router? Or are you using Internet Connection Sharing or some such tosh?

Do you get this error when you attempt to access ANY website from your daughter’s PC?

Do you have any parental control software or anything that might be blocking it?

dobo
    Free Member

check the router is giving her a correct ip, if not could be a dodgy cable and about 100 other things..

if she has a correct ip and can ping router, check shes not got some flakey dns/proxy settings in IE

PePPeR

Its just a bunch of laptops connecting through a Netgear DG834GT, all the other computers are fine, with no problems at all, there are no parental controls, its just wierd.

Were using Google Chrome as the netbrowser, but neither that or IE can get through.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help please techy bods, Error 403!’ is closed to new replies.