• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mega.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help me find a silver riser bar
  • PJay
    Free Member

Silver finishing kit seems to be out of fashion at the moment. I’m looking for a oversized silver low riser (3/4″ – 1″) in a sensible (660-680mm) width. It seems that I can have just about any colour but silver these days.

Currently I’ve found a Controltech bar that fits the bill (but is a little more than I was hoping to spend); what else is out there?

RustyMac

the nuke proof stuff often comes in silver yellow or black.

I think the sunline bar came in a silvery colour too.

mrh86

+1 nukeproof. they do 800mm and 760mm options I think, so you would have to cut them down a bit. I’ve just got some 800mm ones in silver and they look pretty good.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Find any anodised bar you like, fill a paint tray/bolw/bucket or any other recepticle that will hold your bars with caustic soda solution made upto painstripper strength. Dip the bars in it for a few seconds untill the anodising starts to fizz.

Rinse them off quickly as caustic is litteraly dissolving the aluminium.

Polish the now messy looking bars with brasso.

PJay
    Free Member

The Nukeproof Warhead is 760mm wide (or 800) so I’d be trimming 5cm of each side to bring it down to 660mm (I’ve also thought about trimming down an Easton Haven). The thing is, there doesn’t seem to be a standard angle of rise to bring the flats up to height, nor does there seem to be a standard taper out from the central bulge. I don’t want to trim it down and end up with too little space on the flats for my kit.

mrh86

yea see what you mean. Could try wider bars? or have you already tried and decided they’re not for you

RustyMac

These look nice

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=63248

And you would only have to chop 15mm off each end to bring them inot size.

If they are for a all mountain/trail type bike try them as they are as i bought some raceface bars last year with the intention of chopping them and they felt great as they were.

matt_outandabout

Wider bars and cut down? Just bought a minted Sunline V1 from classifieds in sliver…There are also some Ritchey silver bars around.

cooie

Pic for you
    Nukeproofs with 10mm already off each end, with grips at 660mm. HTH.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

680mm is too narrow for an adult’s mountain bike. Wider is better in 99.99% of applications.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

On One oversize riser bar? 685 width but 40mm rise so an inch & half rise £14.99

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBOOODH/on_one_oversized_riser_bars

GW
    Free Member

spank do polished silver bars

carlosg
    Free Member

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=72&products_id=533

superstar vector 700 bars come in a gunmetal or chrome finish ?

hambl90
    Free Member

Just got a sunline in ano silver from crc , very nice feel to them too. They’re the v1 745mm so you’d have to trim them down .

GW
    Free Member

680mm is too narrow for an adult’s mountain bike. Wider is better in 99.99% of applications.

are X-ups or barspins really still that uncommon?

mega
    Free Member

I’ve got a sIlver Easton Haven bar
    It’s 710mm and you could easily lose 20-30mm each end to get the width you want

Have got the carbon Haven one on my posh bike and it feels much nicer
    The silver Haven is a bit blingy looking (in a bad way imo)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a silver riser bar’ is closed to new replies.