Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help me choose some Schwalbe tyres
  • james
    Free Member

more specificly something off of on one given the prices they’ve got up atm
    Not for now, but once things are less snowy/sloppy

How big do they all come up compared to other tyres?
    What is the ORC compound? One to avoid?

james
    Free Member

Anyone?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Depends- what riding are you doing?

Big XC stuff- peak, highlands etc- Fat Albert.

Normal XC- Nobby Nic, or if you ride where it’s mostly dry- Racing Ralphs

Lightweight XC- Rocket Rons. The fastest and the lightest, excellent tyres in most conditions but not particularly durable.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

what are teh big bettys like for dh ?? i think ill get one anyway to replace hi roller on the back

thomthumb
    Free Member

How big do they all come up compared to other tyres?

pretty large. (they measure up exactly on the money)

my favourite tyre for most things is the racing ralph 2.4; loads of cushioning but rolls like a race tyre. corners really well too most of the time. can run them most of the year; i normally take them off when the rear starts clogging; not because it is slipping.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run a std. 2.35 Fat Albert up front (ghetto tubeless) and a 2.25 Fat Albert UST on the rear as tubeless.

Handles pretty much anything, from the Alps to the Lakes and Peaks. Not super fast but tough and grippy. I’ve played around with various other stuff and always end up back with these two.

ir12daveor
    Free Member

I use Nobby Nics and Big Bettys for most of my riding. I had Fat Alberts too and threw them out. They had a very unnerving habit of losing grip for a second when going into a turn. They work fine on the back but I’ll never put one on the front again.

The Betty’s are a pretty decent all round tyre and I rate the nobby nics as XC even though I’ve done a lot of high alpine stuff on them. The 2.25 measures up about the same as a 2.35 maxxis and the 2.4’s are probably a touch bigger then the 2.5 maxxis. I run 2.35 or 2.4 on all the ones I have.

chakaping
    Free Member

I ordered a Muddy Mary 2.5.

Saw it was in Dirt 100 and could do with something for DH in mud anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose some Schwalbe tyres’ is closed to new replies.