Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help, lost file on PC.
  • starrman82
    Free Member

Does anyone know good software to recover deleted files from PC? My wife accidently deleted all our pics & music yesterday, some we have backed up but not all. Any help would be appreciated.

Ta

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I managed to forget to back up a couple of files when I formatted my hard drive a few years ago. I downloaded a bit of freeware…winundeleter or something…and it went off and found my files again.

With a bit of googling you should be able to find something that’ll do the trick.

beanum

1. Recycle Bin?
    2. Google
    3. Try this: Lifehacker – Recovering Deleted Files

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    redthunder
    Free Member

disk digger

I have the free version if you want it.

starrman82
    Free Member

Redthunder, YGM Ta

leffeboy

‘recuva’ is an often recommended free recovery software if disk digger doesn’t do it for you

Cougar

Search for a filename (or *.jpg) in case she’s moved them to a random folder instead of deleting them; it’s a considerably easier mistake to make.

starrman82
    Free Member

Thanks Guys we’ll try them all, it appears we were victims of a Trojan type virus thing… 😥

Cougar

Ah yes. There’s a thread here on that,

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/laptop-****-with-malware

Abridged version, repair instructions here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-recovery

If it’s any consolation, your files aren’t deleted, just hiding.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation, your files aren’t deleted, just hiding.

No, they are deleted and every time you boot up and do anything on your PC the chances of recover decrease. The files are placed in an area designated as being ok to over write. So each time there is disk activity the chance of it remaining unaltered is reduced.

Cougar

If they’ve been deleted, then yes, that would be correct. However, as we’ve just established, that might well not be the case. See the link on the line before the one you replied to.

starrman82
    Free Member

Hi Guys

We managed to recover around 70% of photos using recuva in the end, although it’s been a mess sorting them all out at least all was not lost.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Dave

bobmaria
    Free Member

For recovery software, I bought one before, cost me 49 bucks but working very well, and good thing is that it’s one time payment and then it allows me to use forever. Take a look if you do not mind paying 49 bucks to get back your data. http://www.windowsdatarecovery.com/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help, lost file on PC.’ is closed to new replies.