Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • HELP! I snapped my Blur…
  • andyl
    Free Member

Just out walking the dog and had another 2p to add – you could just remove the stress concentration by getting the crack tip drilled very carefully. This may well be what a good repairer would do prior to welding up the crack. Any companies that deal with aerospace components/repairs around your way? Go to someone who knows aluminium well.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

reading the thread was going to post what it turns out andyl said on page 2. Get it to an ally fabricator and they’ll either repair it or just drill the crack end to blunt it.

If it was at a critical weld like the headtube I’d be more cautious, but thats more likely to at worst leave you with a long walk rather than put you in hospital.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Cheers all, I think I’ll do just that. I bought the Blur with some money left to me by my grandmother, so I’ll do whatever’s necessary to keep the old girl on the road… 🙂

cheez0
    Free Member

+1 for keeping the frame and either fixing the weld or at least keeping an eye on it.

Hora = scare mongering pillock who likes to spend other peoples money for them.

The frame isn’t made of **** glass!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! Nice one Cheezo! 😆

Silly Hora.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘HELP! I snapped my Blur…’ is closed to new replies.