• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ART.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help from Women required – Pandora bracelets
  • yoshimi

Was thinking about getting my wife a Pandora bracelet as a stocking filler for christmas – I'm confused, give me a clue what to go for…was thinking just the bracelet and 2-3 charms – no idea which ones to go for

coffeeking
    Free Member

Google searching them leaves me confused. They look like the sort of thing you created in primary school art lessons?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I got one for the missus for her birthday. 3 of the Murano Glass charms and 3 of the Silver charms to seperate them on a silver bracelet.
    Thankfully she prefers silver to gold as there's no way I could afford the gold. She loves it and wears it every day.
    The good thing about them is you can add to them as well.
    There's a good shop in Winchester that sells their stuff if you're close.

Starlet
    Free Member

A simple sterling silver braclet and 2-3 charms will set you back about £200 depending on the charms you choose, which makes your wife a very lucky lady if that's just a "stocking filler".

If you go to a local jeweller that stocks them you will get a better idea of what they look and feel like than just looking on t'interweb. A sterling silver bracelet should be fine unless she especially likes gold, and you can pick out combination silver/gold charms. Pick out a charm that symbolises something, or just pick out letter charms with her initials and your initials.

The idea is that she collects charms from different people or different occasions over time, so don't go overboard just to fill it up. By the time it is filled with charms it will be worth a couple of grand, so it might pay to get it insured.

Hope that helps. I love mine.

yoshimi

Coffeeking – believe me I'm confused

Mulletus – Im up in Lancashire so bit far away – the more I look the more I don't know what to go for:( I don't even know what size bracelet to go for, but she does have small wrists, but then again all women do – good point about the spacer, hadn't really thought about those

surfer
    Free Member

My daughter has one and she loves it, when we visit family in Spain we always spend a few hours shopping for a new one.
    As above its best finding a local shop who sells them and my wife and daughter love to browse (just dont go in on a Saturday afternoon!)

yoshimi

Thanks starlet…oh she is very lucky as I always tell her 😉

I was hoping to get something for about £120ish – know what your saying about stocking filler, I've got her a main present but just wanted something sparkely to give her as well and its pretty difficult to get anything nice in 'normal' jewellery for that. Trip to the shops this weekend I think – I like the simple approach, I know she'd prefer silver and was thinking something like a coloured love heart a snowman as its christmas and something else, but dont know what.

Chase
    Free Member

Mrs opted for beads off Ebay. TBH you'd struggle to tell the difference between them and true Pandora beads. They still have 925 silver inserts but were a fraction of the cost. I'm talking ten for a fiver rather than £20 for one.
    Depends on much of a snob you are I suppose, but her friends are impressed with them.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Remember to get a bigger size brecelet than you think she'll need so it leaves enough room for the charms. I ask one of the shop assistants with similar sized wrists to try one on so i could see. Good luck with the shopping, she'll love it. 🙂

Starlet
    Free Member

The braclet has two threaded separators, and you can get clasps that clip over these to section off the charms. It's difficult to explain but the shop assistant will show you. Without these, the charms fall into a bunch and the silver braclet pinches on the fine hairs where is sits against the wrist. A snowman is a great idea, and a heart is too, but you might want to save some of your budget for the spacer clasps as it will make the braclet more comfortable to wear and show off the charms better.

steve-g
    Free Member

Do be careful though, If someone snaps it then she has to have sex with them, at least i think thats how it works

ART

Nice idea – if it helps at all I have the Troll beads version which I love http://www.fabletrading.co.uk/ although I had to buy it myself .. ahem. Not so sure about the novelty snowman thing though, if it's something she's going to wear all year round. Think of stuff like star signs/ initials etc as she's more likely to wear that IMHO. Very well done – top marks for shopping effort! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help from Women required – Pandora bracelets’ is closed to new replies.