Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HELP! Avid Elixir CR Problem – leak from reach adjust on lever
  • brakes
    Free Member

Been trying to bleed my brakes, but there is a leak from around the lever adjust when there is pressure.
    Anyone experienced this? Anyone know what the problem is?
    Brakes are only 6 months old.
    Supposed to be riding tomorrow… 🙁

brakes
    Free Member

anyone?

coatesy
    Free Member

At the risk of stating the obvious, i’d guess you’ve got a seal leaking. Once you’ve lost fluid/sucked in air, you’ll have no brake.Probably best not to ride without getting it stripped and sorted.

brakes
    Free Member

Would that be covered by warranty? They’re only 6 month’s
    old!

coatesy
    Free Member

Probably will be, but expect to bleed the returned item when you get it back, the last one I had back had enough air in it to float the Titanic.

brakes
    Free Member

Any more ideas? Might it be a seal? I unscrewed the pad adjust too much last week and some oil came out, hence the need for a rebuild… could some dirt have got in and under the seal?

coatesy
    Free Member

Been a long time since i’ve stripped one of these, so a bit hazy on the details. Possible that you may have dislodged the circlip that holds the internals in place, but if it’s leaking then it won’t get better on it’s own, i’d suggest a strip down, inspection of the bore/seals for damage, and rebuild with any suspect parts being replaced.

brakes
    Free Member

that’s what I guess I’ll do – messy job though!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HELP! Avid Elixir CR Problem – leak from reach adjust on lever’ is closed to new replies.