Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help – application form question…
  • thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

I’m filling in an application form for a job with national park authority. One of the sections in the person specification under the ‘impact and attributes’ section is political awareness. What does ‘political awareness’ actually mean, especially in relation to a national park authority?

Any help much appreciated!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They’re trying (possibly on the edge of legally) to see if you have any political leanings.

franksinatra

hey’re trying (possibly on the edge of legally) to see if you have any political leanings

I disagree

They are looking for evidence that you are aware of how National Park and related issues sit in within the political context, in particular in relation to policy and future changes.

Show them some evidence that you understand how politics impacts on them, that should be enough

sc-xc

I don’t think so. They could be asking you to consider the impact of politics (national, local and organisational) on your role – understand how decisions made could affect the work they are doing.

sc-xc

(or what frank said)

chewkw
    Free Member

Just tell them your worship Dear Leader and love high power sniper rifle for snipping illegal poachers/hunters … 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmm, a possibility, I suppose.

Would be interesting to see the question in context and in full to really know, though.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s sort of what I thought they wanted (not chewkw LOL).

Capt’n – ‘Political awareness’ is included in the person specification, which I have to evidence against in the application form under the additional information section. That’s it – no context as such.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help – application form question…’ is closed to new replies.