Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Help – 29er forks
  • Google
    Free Member

Help – I’m building up a 29er full suss and I’m looking for some 120-130mm forks.
    Any suggestions? They seem to be few and far between and I’d rather go for 130mm if I can.
    Not fussed about QR skewers or maxle – either will do, I have a QR wheel but can always change.
    Oh – and I’d prefer black forks. Stealth bike type project.

Ta

brant
    Free Member

>Not fussed about QR skewers or maxle – either will do

29er and 120mm? Needs through axle/maxle.

Google
    Free Member

cheers Brant. Any ideas where to look? The Reba Teams look ok but I can only see them in white 🙁 Got a pair of the old black 80mm Rebas on my slot dropout 29er Inbred so I’m comfortable with them, just prefer the black.

ton

i got some 120mm bolt thru rebas, in white because i could not find black.

been looking at some 130mm white bros in black too, but can’t find a write up/test on em anywhere.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Reba Team 120 is the best 29er fork out there at the mo. But that’s white… ‘spose you could do a custom spray colour!?

Royston
    Free Member

the manitou minute (29er) is supposed to be pretty good not sure what travel it is (may only be 100mm) bolt thru or QR option and again comes in white/red only

TVRJon
    Free Member

Saw on one of the other threads you have a prst-4 frame am very interested, if it’s still for sale can you email me at jonathan dot ison at pb dot com

Thanks

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i’d go for the reba 120mm TA – i’m not convinced about my minute, its either very divey or platform rock hard – i prefer the feel of the reba or f29 over manitou’s absolute damper, shame the f29 isn’t thro-axle yet

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

ive used fox, reba and white bros, WB are rubbish, would never use them again, fox good, but the best ive used are reba, and the new ones are ‘sposed to be awesome!

ton

i agree with trev, rebas are stffer than the rest too.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Manchester Trev – Member

ive used fox, reba and white bros, WB are rubbish, would never use them again, fox good, but the best ive used are reba, and the new ones are ‘sposed to be awesome!

What’s your gripe with the WB’s Trev?

I’ve been using the F135’s and they have been good…

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

ive used the magic ones and they dont work, also the seals are rubbish!

bonesetter
    Free Member

TBF, mine HAS just had the upper seal replaced as it was spewing oil!

But when it’s working it’s totally fine, TBF…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Or go for a 110mm lefty conversion

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

…..and spend a FORTUNE!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

doubt it, lefty’s plus wheel appear for £150 ish on classifieds, factor in a rebuild and a converter and its not that bad

its just the faffing, Lefty Max SPV and TPC are user servicable to a point

The other fork to look out for is a maverick but again that’s about 110mm travel

barney
    Free Member

Maverick DUC32 for 29ers is 120mm, I think
    The SC32 is less, though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help – 29er forks’ is closed to new replies.