Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Helmet recommendations?
  • Rockplough
    Free Member

There's a tree near the bottom of Aonach Mor which left a pretty good dent in my Giro Havoc last week. As it's a couple of years old anyway (the helmet not the tree) I should replace it.

I've got quite a big head so will be trying some stuff on but even so, has anyone any recommendations? I liked the Havoc, although it sat so high and proud my head looked like a mushroom. Ideally I'd like something a bit lower profile. Budget is up to around 60-70 quid.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I love my Fox Flux. I've got a big head too (its to contain my big brain!) but the Fox felt much comfier straight away than any Giros I tried on.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I got a 2009 Spesh 2D for £75 – hard to beat really.

Rockplough
    Free Member

That's interesting about the Flux Davey. It was on my list.

z1ppy

Giro Xen, Fox flux, Specialized Vice, & Uvex Xp100 would be in my list to check out.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Whatever fits your head, not whatever fits others' heads.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Fit, budget, looks, in that order. And budget needs to be flexible, if the best fit is £10 more than you want to pay, pay it.

Grimy
    Free Member

I swapped to a Giro Xen and love it. Very comfortable, cool and most importantly dosent look like a mushroom on top of your bonce. They are quite expensive, but its not hard to track down a bargin.

jakeclyro
    Free Member

I have a giro havoc, it s few years old now and is fine. I tried a fox flux ont he other day and found it so comfy! I am thinking of getting one. It does depend on head shape i guess but the fox seemed much better.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Thanks guys, as I said I will be trying them on. I know what's important. Just looking for recommendations of what to try.

stevede
    Free Member

another happy fox flux owner here, the xen was top of my list but picked up an older model flux for a bargain price so got that instead. The xen is available for £60 from evans if your not too fussed on colour (matt gold). As said before though its what fits your head best thats the most important factor.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Another happy Fox Flux owner here, but it's what fits your head bestest.

tinsy
    Free Member

Might want to try a Met Kaos UL loads lighter than a XEN & about twice as much venting, but I didnt get on with the gel pad for the forehead and had to change that… Xen was comfier.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Helmet recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.