Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Heckler frames… any good?
  • renton
    Free Member

Just looking at building another bike up and was considering a heckler frame.

Are they any good ??

does the rp23 shock cancel out most for the pedal bob that single pivot frames are known for ??

is there much flex in the back end of them??

looking at a large frame, is that ok for someone at 6 foot?

whats the best length forks to run on it?? 150 or 160mm forks?

pics please

cheers

steve

godzilla
    Free Member

Good frame, to be honest i hardly use the RP23 propedal the shock was a bit pants when i first got it, i sent it back to Mojo for some warranty work and they did a custom re-valve for £40 while it was open, if i had my time again i would just get a bobby basic float and have it re-valved or pushed from the get go, i’ve not noticed any flex but i dont have too much to compare it to, im 5’11 and ride a large, my bike has 150 RS RTL TI’s on but i would love to try some Lyriks.
    There are loads of Heckler show threads, have a search.

nickegg
    Free Member

I loved my 2011 Heckler. It started out with 150 Float’s and RP23 and ended up with Lyriks and a 5th Element. It was great in either guise to be honest. Spent a very happy 3 weeks in the Alps with it in the heavy set-up.

I have owned several single pivot bikes and have never felt pedal bob! I came to the Heckler from a Nicolai Helius AM and there was no obvious difference in stiffness IMO.

Only sold it as i needed the cash 🙁

chris36860
    Free Member

I’m 6 foot and have just built a lime green Heckler. It fits me perfectly. I’m running a pair of 2012 Crank brothers Iodine wheels and have no flex. I have the RP23 and leave it fully open all the time as it doesn’t really bob much. Fork wise, I’m running Fox Talas RC2 160mm. Talas are great as you can drop them down to 130mm for climbing. The bike has given me so much confidence its un-real. Would strongly recommend 36mm forks with 20mm axle. I’ve had loads of bikes in the past and can’t compare any of them to the heckler. Be careful if you’re going to run 2 x 10 as the chain rings tend to hit the rear sus pivot. Will try and post some pics

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fantastic rp23 makes the difference in terms of bob.

150-160mm either works fine but with travel adjust for some climbing on 160mm.

kayak23

I had mine with a coil 5th element. It was a great frame, pedalled well however I found mine a little flexy when pushed hard on Dh tracks etc do swapped with a giant reign.

Good frame though….

unsponsored
    Free Member

I have a new shape 07 heckler with a DHX5 coil outback. I have ran it with Lyriks (coil) and now with a set of 36’s. A very good combination.

bella
    Free Member

Great frame but a bit steep (69 degree head angle with 140mm fork) Mine has got a set of float 150s with a works offset headset and a set of offset shock bushings. Less steep with a lower BB. Works a treat.

goslow

I’m 6′ and ride a large Heckler with 140mm Pike forks and basic Fox shock. Plenty stiff enough for me and rides very well.

dickie
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Fantastic frames IMO. I’m not too sure I’d pay 1099 for one though. 899 was a perfect price for its paint/stickers.

carlos
    Free Member

Love mine, had a couple of issues with the HV can on the RP23 in that I couldn’t set sag and get small bump sensitivty, kept blowing through travel even when psi set correct. Apparentley its a known issue for some (I much prefered the standard sized can feel of my first Heckler)Anyhow, sent it off to TFT for a service and had it tuned to my weight/style and now its so much better. Plenty stiff enough, yet light and comfy enough to ride all day round the Peak or anywhere else for that matter and as soon as you point it down hill, well, thats the best bit.

All imo of course

Freester

Love mine 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Heckler frames… any good?’ is closed to new replies.