Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hebden Bridge, Wednesday 26th Oct
  • ianwild16
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m planning to have a ride around Hebden Bridge this Wednesday 26th Oct, I wondered if anybody fancied joining me?
    It looks fairly decent weather –
    bbc weather
    I’ll probably catch the train up from Rochdale, to save my legs.
    I want to go up round Hardcastle Craggs, Stoodley Pike and perhaps Luddenden, if I’ve got the energy left.
    I want to spend a good 4-6hrs riding.
    I know my way about, but I haven’t actually rode the route, so there might be a bit of map reading involved.
    Although I’ve got a pretty good level of fitness, I’m still a bit of scaredy cat on technical downhills, so it won’t be too fast a pace.
    Let me know if you fancy it.
    Ian Wild

geebus
    Free Member

If only I’d have made my mind up about what delivered-next-day-they-say bike to get today, I’d have been well up for this as have flexible time on Wendnesday.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I could be up for this! I’m pretty close by (Huddersfield) and have been wanting to try out some of the trails in Hebden for ages.

What length of ride are we talking? I did a 20mile ride in the Peaks yesterday (Ladybower loop) which was enough riding for me (pretty tired afterwards), so I may back out if it’s gonna be properly epic.

I’m slow uphill but reasonably fast on the technical stuff so maybe it’ll even itself out? xD

ianwild16
    Free Member

Hi
    Each of the three parts are roughly 11-12miles and are 50:50 off road / country lanes, they will be approx 1 1/2hrs-2hrs each…they are all circular routes end back in the centre of town.
    I wanted to set off from the tourist info quayside bit at approx 10am and go up Hardcastle Craggs first.
    Ian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge, Wednesday 26th Oct’ is closed to new replies.